Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
R6 gets the babes?
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TL;DR Do I have enough clearance between the bottom of the license plate and the tire to allow for proper swing arm motion?

I bought a fender eliminator and installed it. I realized I would need to adjust the angle of the plate,t due to the laws :crying: Best I can tell, the license plate has to be vertical. So I adjusted it. I am concerned with that adjustment there is enough space (4.25 inches) between the bottom of the plate and tire.

Thoughts?

Here's a picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just had a quick scan over Utah Code 41-1a-404. I am not seeing anywhere in there that says you must mount it in the vertical plane, only that it has to be horizontal and clearly visible.

As long as your plate is visible and legible, you should be fine. Horizontal means you can't mount it top to bottom (so it reads up or down rather than left to right), but you're not doing that. Your only issue is one of visibility, and as long as the angle does not make it unreadable, you should be fine.

If it were me, I would just run it at the normal angle and not lose sleep over it.

Whatever you do, don't endanger your ride.

·
R6 gets the babes?
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just had a quick scan over Utah Code 41-1a-404. I am not seeing anywhere in there that says you must mount it in the vertical plane, only that it has to be horizontal and clearly visible.

As long as your plate is visible and legible, you should be fine. Horizontal means you can't mount it top to bottom (so it reads up or down rather than left to right), but you're not doing that. Your only issue is one of visibility, and as long as the angle does not make it unreadable, you should be fine.

If it were me, I would just run it at the normal angle and not lose sleep over it.

Whatever you do, don't endanger your ride.
Thank you.

The part of code that concerned me was "position to be clearly visible". In the original position (of the fender eliminator) its almost flush with the tail. "position to be clearly visible" is vague imo. And in the interest in avoiding a ticket, that's how I concluded it need to be adjusted.

I'm thinking of tilting it back but not all the way to create bit more room.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ah, one other thing: Here, we are required to have a red reflector visible from the rear of the bike. Mine was on the fender. With the fender gone, no reflector. That is why I stuck a reflector on the bottom of the plate.

Check your regulations to make sure you don't get caught out by something like this.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Ah, one other thing: Here, we are required to have a red reflector visible from the rear of the bike. Mine was on the fender. With the fender gone, no reflector. That is why I stuck a reflector on the bottom of the plate.

Check your regulations to make sure you don't get caught out by something like this.
technically every reflector that comes on the bike sold here is supposed to be left on the bike. but you know how many cops are that frigging nit picky? 0.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts