Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Can anyone look at the picture and let me know if this is necessary to replace right now??

Only top top circle part broke off around the key hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldnt replace it, it should work just fine. I dont know how you broke just that piece off though.
Haha alright. Yeah its kinda weird. Basically took a turn too fast and ran off the road into a ditch of dirt/sand ... So the front, left, and tail section took 90% of the damage. And i guess the crown handle just broke off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is no reason, safety-wise, to replace the upper triple from what I see in the pics. However, the fact that it broke off is kinda strange. Did you check to make sure your forks aren't bent? Is the upper triple twisted at all? If these things check out, just throw a little sharpie to the edges and no one will notice the difference, haha.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forks look ok... After the crash i still had to ride back home 2 hours on the highway .. didnt notice anything wrong with it... The group i was riding with really helped me out and basically tied all the broken plastics up. Upper tree looked ok from what i saw but .... next week all the parts i need will come in... im gonna piece it back together myself .. then take it to a shop to get an overall inspection.

Thanks for the heads up !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts