Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scanning ebay to see what I wanted to get for my bike and I saw this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-YZF-R1-R6-Performance-Chip-02-03-04-05-06-07_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ107070QQihZ006QQitemZ160235970572QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
People sell these for cars, trucks, and now Bikes. I understand the claims and possible gains/ losses, but seriously... Do they work? How? There are 2 types, just adding a resistor (which resistor is right?) and the other is a computer chip soldered and acts as a resistor as well. If anyone knows anything about this it would be greatly appreciated if you could inform me....

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That resistor looks like a little tan piece of plastic with some metal leads coming out of it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but do they work for increasing power?

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
all that is is some integrated circuit [IC] who knows exactly what it does but I have not seen too many IC's with only 2 pins being connected.. No power or ground?

That looks very very silly and I would not waste the money, and more importantly the time. Looks like someone took a generic 15cent IC and made a plastic box and is trying to sell it. Its probably just an Opamp acting as a buffer ; esentially doing nothing

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasnt planning on buying one. I was just curious abou tthem. They sell for cars too.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
your kidding right? no it does absolutely nothing. thats why they make it for everything, might as well be a marshmallow with 2 wires coming out of it. thats not how eproms work, those pin pairs don't even match up so your just adding two wires to your harness somewhere. i fuxing hate ebay scammers :curse

·
black is the fastest
59 Posts
....10 bucks and you think thatll make you faster ahahhahah

the best way to get you faster for 10 bucks is through that money in your tank and go ride some twisties...just my .02

·
Registered
324 Posts
sure its about as usefull as adding a wing on your fwd civic and calling it a performance mod

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
i think they would of done better if they didnt even show the underside of the plastic box... once they showed that IC lookin stupid, im sure everyone decided it was total BS

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know there is a way you can trick the computer using resistors, it will changet the ECU air fuel mixture (not always a good thing but sometimes will change performance although rarely) I had one I ordered off ebay that was a closed box (Juiced chip) I found it for $10 and they still list for about $60. I took a dremel to it to see what was insie and found it was just a resistor. This chip seems like they took a computer chip and wired it like a resistor. I doubted it would work but I was hoping to see something. But to hoax someone they shouldnt have shown inside, and if they did attach it to a circuit board...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts