• I carry a normal garage door opener with me on my bike

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
www.1seven1.com
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about making a trick garage door opener for motorcyclist (and cars too, I guess). Do you park your bike in a garage? Does the garage have an automatic opener?

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
i have a key chain opener that's plastic so it doesn't scratch anything...i love the convenience for the 30 bucks
:werd I've got one of those too, but I just keep it in my jacket pocket and push the button through the jacket. I hate having bulky stuff on my key ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-Bxifv2Pk
I think someone posted this on here before but seems relevant here......

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts
:werd I've got one of those too, but I just keep it in my jacket pocket and push the button through the jacket. I hate having bulky stuff on my key ring.
:werd ^

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
I clip mine to my R6-Forum Reservoir Sock, available from Agg for a nominal fee. It provides a sturdy platform to hold my garage door opener with the added benefit of protecting my expensive brake fluid, repping the forum, and letting those riding lesser models know that this is a bike not to be fcuked with...

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
my wife tried to ban me from the garage. i then started cashing my checks instead of depositing them into the account. she let the bike back in :laugh

on a 'on topic' note, i keep my garage door opener outside the garage in a hidden location. it's too bulky to be carrying around. i think i'll have to pick up what danny got, thanks for the link.

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
my wife tried to ban me from the garage. i then started cashing my checks instead of depositing them into the account. she let the bike back in :laugh

on a 'on topic' note, i keep my garage door opener outside the garage in a hidden location. it's too bulky to be carrying around. i think i'll have to pick up what danny got, thanks for the link.
your wife was using the bike as an excuse...it's YOU she didn't want in the garage then in the house :fact

but yea, the opener is awesome, and with that and my key it's not bad at all

·
www.1seven1.com
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, guys. Keep the comments coming. I make a ton of product in Asia, but I've never done one for myself, only the companies I've worked for.

I've got a great idea that's WAY better than carrying even a small opener in your pocket. I may just have to move ahead and invest a big chunk of cash.

I've got several jackets and several bikes, so I never seem to have the opener when I need it.

-D

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
Thanks, guys. Keep the comments coming. I make a ton of product in Asia, but I've never done one for myself, only the companies I've worked for.

I've got a great idea that's WAY better than carrying even a small opener in your pocket. I may just have to move ahead and invest a big chunk of cash.

I've got several jackets and several bikes, so I never seem to have the opener when I need it.

-D
Tough life:rolleyes:

·
www.1seven1.com
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a small keychain door opener. I use some commercial grade velcro and attach it right under the speedo.

Sometimes when I have to use a backpack I have a small pocket on the shoulder strap it will slide right into.

The keychain openers are the best in my opinion.

Love,
The Notorious YZF

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts