Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems after about 15 minutes there is so much heat coming off the front of the bike that it is hard to keep your feet on the pegs for any sustained period of time, Im used to V-twins and never felt this much heat, is there anything I can do to help it??? It seems if you put your feet on the outside edge of the pegs its not as bad,

If it matters I am wearing, aplinestars SMX boots and dianese textile riding pants, I dont see how this would be bearable in jeans and sneakers,

THanks

Chris

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Jeans and regular boots right here. I just move my knee out alittle bit when im just cruising and let the air get between your leg and the exhaust.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
I notice some heat every now and again when I'm riding, especially if its a hot/humid day out. I normally just spread my legs out some so that they get some air and cool off. Nothing to worry about though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
When im cruisin, i put my toes of my shoes on the pegs instead of my heels. Its a bit more comfortable, and keeps some heat away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get pretty hot from the heat off the bike, but I just stand up in the wind and I cool right off. The heat is really nice when your riding in the cold or rain though. :pimp

·
Registered
304 Posts
it gets a little hot from time to time but it is worse in shorts(short rides only). feels like my leg hairs are burning off! if my legs get hot i just do one of several things....stand up, spread my legs or just jump up and sit on the tank...also used to rest my arse after a long ride...it helps to change it up a bit. but heat is completely normal, just find ways to deal with it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
ain't nothing like long rides in ankle cut socks and jeans.... after the first 20 minutes i feel like my legs are gunna melt off!!!!!!!!! then after the 30 minute mark, my ass melts to the seat.... doesn't help if it's humid either

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well it usually only gets hot on my legs on warmer days after about 20-25 minutes of riding. Today i took my six in for the 600mile service and it was 104 degrees outside so my legs got a little hot, so i just spread the knees a little bit and got some air and cooled em' down....nothing to worry about though!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The heat is really nice when your riding in the cold or rain though.
I would have to disagree. I don't find the heat off the engine helpfull at all. Cruising at 45-50 in a 50 degree temp at night your body just feel colder and colder. Then you have a pain in the ass thing call FOG!!!!!!! :cuss

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeah completely normal. You are riding on an engine so its gonna get warm, just point your knees out to get airflow hitting yuor legs. And top off your tank with gas, full tank and it will take longer for it all to heat up, and if your low, once you fill up the tank will feel cool to your touch which helps me.

BE4TNUT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts