Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
I tried last trackday but couldn't do it. Already got to remember to put my glasses on. Adding plugs was just another thing to remember. Besides, I'm not bothered by the noise...

Another guy phone banging

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
yes. my hearing is already terrible but i'd like to keep it from deteriorating further. i usually only take them out at lunch time and at the end of the day...

s3aturnr

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
I wear them every time I ride.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Always. :fact

·
Kneedragger
46 Posts
I wear them at the track for sure. Decibels are really high and distracting when the guy with the gp megaphone exhaust goes by unexpectedly. Its hard on my hearing and don't need to lose anymore than I already have. Just good common sense to protect your hearing.

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle.com App

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Agree with most of the above except Sherman :poke

:laugh, I consider it PPE (personal protective equipment). I think anything over 90dB should require hearing protection, especially when exposed to the noise source constantly.

Wearing ear plugs helps calm me down (lower noise levels), allowing greater focus while on track. I do not wear them for street rides and they are typically short rides only.

·
Parts Pimp
26,455 Posts
Still need to try this. Gonna go post in the how fights get started thread right now. My hearing isn't great, but the hearing loss runs in the family. I'm not 87 years old like my grandparents tho. LOL.

I don't think I would hear a bike behind or close to me. That sound is like a hot coal under my ass when I hear it man. I take up the WHOLE line and get REAL aggressive on the BP till I don't hear whoever was getting close again.

·
click, click, vroom!
872 Posts
yep, i wear them street and track. i get less 'sound fatigued' and i can concentrate on the stuff that matters.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
for sure.. i didn't for a couple years, then started .. would never not wear em. It is so much less distracting having earplugs. You can still hear EVERYTHING, it's just .. well.. quieter :) You can concentrate much better, and it isn't as fatiguing.

MOUTH GUARD.. if you're not wearing one.. get one. Teeth are pretty darn expensive too, and i breathe better with one than not. Shockdoctor gel max is what i like after trying about 10 different ones. has a little channel underside that allows you to breathe through your mouth if ya need to get a deep breath without having to actually move your jaw apart.
Watch more and more mx and roadracing.. you will see nearly all the guys with earplugs and mouth guards these days.

·
Premium Member
35,477 Posts
Agree with most of the above except Sherman :poke

:laugh, I consider it PPE (personal protective equipment). I think anything over 90dB should require hearing protection, especially when exposed to the noise source constantly.

Wearing ear plugs helps calm me down (lower noise levels), allowing greater focus while on track. I do not wear them for street rides and they are typically short rides only.
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT :laugh

Now that I don't have to put on glasses each time, I might do the ear plugs thing :D

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
for sure.. i didn't for a couple years, then started .. would never not wear em. It is so much less distracting having earplugs. You can still hear EVERYTHING, it's just .. well.. quieter :) You can concentrate much better, and it isn't as fatiguing.

MOUTH GUARD.. if you're not wearing one.. get one. Teeth are pretty darn expensive too, and i breathe better with one than not. Shockdoctor gel max is what i like after trying about 10 different ones. has a little channel underside that allows you to breathe through your mouth if ya need to get a deep breath without having to actually move your jaw apart.
Watch more and more mx and roadracing.. you will see nearly all the guys with earplugs and mouth guards these days.
Man-Melker has spoken!

/thread

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
Still need to try this. Gonna go post in the how fights get started thread right now. My hearing isn't great, but the hearing loss runs in the family. I'm not 87 years old like my grandparents tho. LOL.

I don't think I would hear a bike behind or close to me. That sound is like a hot coal under my ass when I hear it man. I take up the WHOLE line and get REAL aggressive on the BP till I don't hear whoever was getting close again.
You can actually hear them better, imagine...no wind noise. It's night and day difference.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts