Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the press release. $550,000 for a bike that is not street legal or ridable! I think not....

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/sitelets/christmasbook2003/F4O2053.htm

Motorcycle" isn't really the best way to describe this single-passenger powerhouse. "Boundary-breaking masterpiece" is more appropriate.

• With an out-of-this-world frameless design, the revolutionary Tomahawk is sculpted out of aluminum and powered by a Dodge Viper 505 cubic-inch V-10 engine that cranks out 500 horsepower.
• Became an instant collector's item when it debuted at the 2003 North American International Auto Show.
• Has the muscle to potentially achieve speeds of up to 300 mph.
• Dual wheels at both ends.
• Four-wheel independent suspension for stability and traction as well as speed.
• Cutting-edge design and Art Deco-inspired style.
• This little gem is being offered as a true collector's piece and is not intended to be street legal; nor is it meant to be driven.

For more information and to order, please call 1-877-GRAB LIFE.*

* Neiman Marcus is acting as an advertising agent for this item. MSRP excludes tax.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
of course someone will buy it and not even attempt to ride it. it will end up in some personal show room with other high dollar vehicles just sitting there. in my opinion, what a waste of time and money.

·
looking for more curves
1,887 Posts
Yep, an insane bike for an insane person. If you wanted to feel that much power between your legs, get a Boss Hoss... At least you ride that down the road. Or should I say, you and hold on to it while it drags your @ss down the road.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The tomahawk wasn't ever supposed to be produced. It was just a flashy way to show off the Viper engine at auto shows. It is a work of art... meant for display, not use.

From what I've read/heard, Dodge got so many calls from people with more $$$ than sense begging to buy one that they decided to make ten of them and sell 'em for a sizeable fraction of a million bucks.

this is the best part... they will be delivered to the customer without a drive-chain to make them 'unrideable'. :wtf

I can see it now, some dumbass will toss a chain on and launch himself into 500 horsepower oblivion, then his widow will sue Dodge for it. :roll:

·
Registered
790 Posts
"frameless design"..... this sounds like an engineering fart to me... Can you imagine the engine flex on that many cylinders on a bike.... hell, some V-twins are bad enough to make you tilt to one side when giving her gas

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I remember reading an article about this bike when it was in that auto show and I'm pretty sure it said the power is there for 300mph, but the aerodynamics are there for 100mph. They said that the bike becomes so unstable that it becomes unridable shortly after reaching triple digits.

·
Registered
587 Posts
someone will want it... if only I had that much money to throw around.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i love this thing every since i first saw it...if i had the cash i would own one, and i would have a drive shaft so i could ride it...but i wouldn't be tempted to kill myself, i mean go over 80

1 - 17 of 17 Posts