Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 06 R6S(I know not the real deal) but plenty quick. It had a 2 bro's slip-on power commander and a 520 rear sprocket. Now know that friends have done speeds faster than me but I am curious if doing the 520 converision changes the speedo reading?? and if so is there anyway to correct the speedo reading??

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
yeah man the conversion will throw off your speedo by about 5 or so MPH. You can order a speedohealer, and it will fix that probelm.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
a 520 conversion wont affect speedo, a gear ratio change will.
depending on how much u change the gear ratio will effect how much the speedo will get thrown off.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
^^^ right on. 520 is a number indicating the pitch, or "width", of the chain and sprockets. the advantage to these setups is lighter weight (and a little less money), but it wears faster and can be weaker.

edit: and a few tweaks on rotational weight like a lighter chain and sprockets can make a noticeable diff.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
It'll throw your speedo off a lot more than 5mph man...

I went with a -1/+2 on my 03 and with my speedohealer i was off 14.6%

Definitely worth it though

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yea, it throws it way off (unless everybody started doing 90 on the interstate the day I put mine on)

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
It'll throw your speedo off a lot more than 5mph man...

I went with a -1/+2 on my 03 and with my speedohealer i was off 14.6%

Definitely worth it though
Yea, it throws it way off (unless everybody started doing 90 on the interstate the day I put mine on)
i think u guys are mistaking a change in gearing with a 520 conversion. a 520 conversion without a change in tooth count doesn't affect your speedo in any way. however, a lot of ppl change their gearing when they switch to a 520, which obviously affects the speedo.

·
fun and informative
560 Posts

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
if you change your gearing when you do the conversion (which most people do)... get a speedo healer or get used to speedo and milage being way off.

if you keep the gearing the same as stock and change to 520 your speedo will stay the same as it is now. no need for a healer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts