Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... a switch hooked up to their tail lite? i no runnin is bad but some people do it.... any one?

·
Is my R6 cool like Phils?
297 Posts
no but i know someone who has done the whole lighting system and you cant see him at all!!

just dont do anything stupid...:secret

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well riding with no headlights is stupid, but i have a black bike, not rear turn signals(integrated) soo.. the light off the front of the bike isnt that much once you pull, but my only worry is leaving it turned off and blammmmmm! but i think i have it figured out with an indicator light.

**I call it the stealth switch** haha

ps- i can already imagine the flack this is going to catch on this forum.....:sing:popcorn:

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
I have some friends that have it wired in and it turns off everything but the engine. Id like to at least keep the gauges on to know how fast im going

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I did this on my ATV because it has a bright ass display. It was worth it because you can easily ditch a cop after riding on the road and cutting through trails and what not. I wouldn't do it my bike though, I follow the rules and ride safe. This sounds like squid modding to me.

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
If I did that I would be fooked...gear and bike black...no lights...some coyote or something would think it was safe to cross and BLAM! Then I would get cuffed on top of killing a cute fuzzy animal and ruining my bike.

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
This sounds like squid modding to me.
My friends that did this also wear boardshorts to ride in the summer. No shoes. No shirt. Just shorts. So I would agree with you.

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
How do you shift with no shoes? I imagine that would be hella uncomfortable...even just keeping your bare feet on the pegs would suck.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i wouldnt consider myself a squid, been riding for years, and i dont have it killin everything on my bike jus the tail.

but i knew this was coming so....

just wanted to see if anyone else did it....

i think its funny that so many people hate on stuff then they go do it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have a separate switch for my head lights, but i put that on because i have HIDs and i start the bike up, then turn the Headlights on so i don't kill the HIDs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think it sounds like a great idea if you still have the headlights on. How are you doin it??

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
I dunno even about flip flops. I put on sneakers when I go around my residential block to heat up the chain when I clean it and even that is really really uncomfortable on my instep. I guess I'm just used to boots.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all there is to do is to splice a wire into the tail and put a switch to it. ill post pics next week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts