Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

I really do not want to think that I was ripped off but I purchased a set of fairings for $250 from member "red02r6" His name is Kevin Galletto from NY. I've tried to send him a private message regarding the fairings after that check cleared and this is what I get back: "red02r6 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

This really makes me nervous and I almost feel like I've been ripped off. Do any of you guys know him or how to contact him? Please help me out on this guys. If I was scammed, is there any way for me contact the bank and get the money back??
 

·
My r1 eats ur R6
Joined
·
480 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

I get the feeling he's a scammer. He tried to sell me a "new" motor and then i went through all of his post about how it was blown up and not acting right. Sorry but imo you just lost your money, call your bank and see if they can do anything.
 

·
Daily Bike Commuter
Joined
·
104 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

From his profile he has his PMs turned off, but he does have his email on file. Use this link to email him.

Link

Edit: oh my bad...he chose not to receive those either. Mods can usually help you in this case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

Call up his local LEO Office and inform them of the situation. Give them all the information you have on him and a copy of the bank statement showing he cashed the check. They'll get on him quick, i've done this before when someone didn't send something i clearly paid for.
 

·
My r1 eats ur R6
Joined
·
480 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

AWDXTCY said:
Call up his local LEO Office and inform them of the situation. Give them all the information you have on him and a copy of the bank statement showing he cashed the check. They'll get on him quick, i've done this before when someone didn't send something i clearly paid for.
+1 :stupic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

Thanks for the help guys, yeah I called my bank and I already filed a fraud dispute on it.

Gizm092: I tried that link already and it says that user is not accepting any emails either. I emailed the administrator already about it to see if they can release the email address to me.

AWDXTCY: I don't mean to sound like a newb, but what is a LEO office and how do I contact them? Also how did they get you your money back?

I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me. I just can't believe that riders would scam other riders. It's just not right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

LEO= Law Enforcement Officer(Cops, Police, Sheriff etc)

The guy was charged, dont remember the charge name. Pulled a very small amount of time, paid fines and had to pay me back as well.


Also, if this guy has scammed other people, you'll also be helping them....There was a guy in FL that scam'd over 50 people on parts and finally got brought up on all the claims.
 

·
Daily Bike Commuter
Joined
·
104 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

LEO (Law Enforcement Officer)....his local police.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

Thanks for all the help guys, I'll definitely be giving them a call. If anyone has been scammed by this guy let us know!! It'll make the case against him a lot stronger.
 

·
My r1 eats ur R6
Joined
·
480 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

This is what he sent me in the last PM from him and i knew it was a scam. i asked him for a # so i could call and talk to him. Bisically no contact info and wanted a check/money order.



Yea, I got a home number which I rarely am using cause I'm never home. Might be easier for me to contact you when I get a chance if you want. Just for heads up I know a lot of people ask for paypal but I don't have an account. And I wouldn't want to use one of my buddies accounts, like I usually do, without the protection of ebay because the seller really is at risk without some proof of a point of sale. Let me know. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

If a private person seller doesn't wanna meet for cash in hand and product in hand, i won't mess with them....

Unless they have positive feedback falling out their ass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

You might try PMing whalerboy he bought an item from the same seller and has some trouble but did end up getting his stuff...AND he said he lives about ten miles from the guy.
I was also intrested in buying the engine he had for sale and he gave me a phone number to reach him at but he never answered when I called.
I'll give to you thru a PM if you don't have it already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

LLLosingit: Thanks for the tip. I PM'ed him earlier and this is what he said:

"After not receiving any kind of reply from him, after a few weeks, I opened a PayPal dispute to get my money back. 2 weeks later, out of the blue, I get a phone call from a guy named Nick. I guess red02r6 was using his paypal to send and receive payments, so I can understand why this guy was like "WTF are you talking about?"

We sorted it all out in a few minutes and he was a stand-up guy about the whole thing. As weird as it sounds, this guy was only 10 miles from my house! Weird and lucky....

Nick was understandably pissed at his buddy for throwing him under the bus, but he did say he had the wheel, so I told him I'd swing by after work to pick it up.

It was in pretty bad shape, fairly unusable. But Nick gave me the brand new tire that was on it and the rotors, which weren't part of the deal for the rim. So for $60, I got a new tire, and sold the rotors on ebay for $30. At the end of the day, I got a new dunlop and a nifty door stop for $30, but a total pain in the ass."


Also, can you give me his phone number through PM? It might not help much, but at least I can try to get a hold of him. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying ba

02 R6 said:
LLLosingit: Thanks for the tip. I PM'ed him earlier and this is what he said:

"After not receiving any kind of reply from him, after a few weeks, I opened a PayPal dispute to get my money back. 2 weeks later, out of the blue, I get a phone call from a guy named Nick. I guess red02r6 was using his paypal to send and receive payments, so I can understand why this guy was like "WTF are you talking about?"

We sorted it all out in a few minutes and he was a stand-up guy about the whole thing. As weird as it sounds, this guy was only 10 miles from my house! Weird and lucky....

Nick was understandably pissed at his buddy for throwing him under the bus, but he did say he had the wheel, so I told him I'd swing by after work to pick it up.

It was in pretty bad shape, fairly unusable. But Nick gave me the brand new tire that was on it and the rotors, which weren't part of the deal for the rim. So for $60, I got a new tire, and sold the rotors on ebay for $30. At the end of the day, I got a new dunlop and a nifty door stop for $30, but a total pain in the ass."


Also, can you give me his phone number through PM? It might not help much, but at least I can try to get a hold of him. Thanks

You gotta be ****ing kidding me. This is the guy I bought my R6 from on eBay! If you need to know ANYTHING about him, I have it. His phone number, his e-mail his house address, I know what he looks like. I live in NY and we met in Buffalo (he's from Rochester) to exchange the money for the bike. He seemed like a really nice guy when I was talking to him and just going over the bike and stuff. Hopefully this gets resolved.

Let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

Son of a bitch. After reading through some of the posts that guy has made I found out he lied to me! He said that the bike has never been in an accident! Well I'm glad to hear that he had an 02 R6, and that's what seemed to be giving him most of the problem. I was running the R6 I bought from him (2000) on that 70 degree day above 10k rpm and the bike runs great. It runs just as well as my 2005 ninja does, but God damn that pisses me off that he lied about it! I even have the eBay message from him that says "yeah it's never been in a crash I just didn't like the looks of the old fairings" My ASS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

Wow... well I mean, at least it seems like you were able to get a decent bike from him at least. But it still sucks that he lied to you. Not to mention the fact that he's scamming me and I'll probably never see those fairings either. Anyway, any information him would be great. That way I can forward that information to the local authorities to deal with him.
 

·
My r1 eats ur R6
Joined
·
480 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying back!!

Have you contacted spidermanSS yet to see if they can get in touch with him/ban him from this forum?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Re: Does anyone know "red02r6"?? Purchased fairings from him and he's not replying ba

02 R6 said:
Wow... well I mean, at least it seems like you were able to get a decent bike from him at least. But it still sucks that he lied to you. Not to mention the fact that he's scamming me and I'll probably never see those fairings either. Anyway, any information him would be great. That way I can forward that information to the local authorities to deal with him.

I'm sending you a PM
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top