Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was too cheap to buy a carrier or trailer... and too cheap to want to pay for the extra axle through tolls.....lol..so I made my own carrier! Came out pretty damn good if I do say so.

But my questions are about actually using it to tow.... I put it on my truck and loaded up the 6, no problem, straps down good and all.... but the back of the truck squats like a mother*..... won't this affect my steering?

Has anyone run into this problem? How can this be fixed? How do you tow?

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
150 Posts
Was too cheap to buy a carrier or trailer... and too cheap to want to pay for the extra axle through tolls.....lol..so I made my own carrier! Came out pretty damn good if I do say so.

But my questions are about actually using it to tow.... I put it on my truck and loaded up the 6, no problem, straps down good and all.... but the back of the truck squats like a mother*..... won't this affect my steering?

Has anyone run into this problem? How can this be fixed? How do you tow?

Do you have pictures of carrier?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not the pic of mine, but exactly what mine looks like. Made it at work. I'm a certified welder.

I'm using it on my 99 gmc jimmy 4door. It has a 2" lift on it and some 31x10 tires on it.

I did a little looking around... I found a pair of load leveling shocks that have a spring on them too... maybe they will help?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts