Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just bought myself a can of the stuff, and started going at my bike first the fairings, then the plastic pieces and windscreen and then the wheels. My goodness this stuff is fantastic. I used to wash the bike then glaze it then wax it but Dayum this stuff requires only a soft towel and thats it. It cleans it polishes it protects and shines. It looks like the bike is literally wet all the time its that shiney!! A+ to this product.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I might be wrong, but are you not suppose to wax/polish a brand new car/bike/vehicle? I think its because you need like a 90 before the paint "settles" in. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used to do painting, By the time your bike hits the showroom floor those fairings have been painted for at least 5 months. and to answer your question yes you are correct that you are supposed to wait 90 days however when a car is "baked" at at least 180 degrees its pretty much set, a few good days in the sun and she really is good to go.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
fireblade31003 said:
Honda products are the best!!! .
yep, all except for the bikes!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahaha!!!

hahahaha!!!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
:cuss NOw you know I'm not going to let that one stand. If Honda's don't win the Formula Extreme class this year I'll ride my fiance's bike with her pink banadana on it for a month. Everyone has a lot of catching up to do. To those mini superbikes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hum I might have to pick up a can of this stuff myself, I'm not too much into spending a whole weekend waxing/polishing stuff so this might be perfect. Where'd you get yours at? Just the regular honda dealerships?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah, that Honda polish is remarkable. I used to buy it at my local Yamaha dealership. I found that using S100 to clean the bike and then the Honda cleaner polisher on the glossy fairings and tank worked really well. The S100 is a spray on/rinse off cleaner but the chemicals in it can strip the clear layer on the bike and the Honda polisher replenishes it. Its a nice combo.

anywho, its been a long day. brush your shoulder's off and get tipsy wit me................

:cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts