Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
I don't get it, he never elborated.... so he smashed up his R6 stunting, and State Farm gives him the money for a Honda 954RR ? 0 Miles ?

Sounds like monkey business.... that he went like this to Statefarm

:piss STATEFARM INSURANCE CO.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ya that pisses me off. i agree with that one guy that said he shouldnt have a new bike courtesy of statefarm. and why the hell would u get a bigger bike when u cant handle the one u got. dam squid. :cuss

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can someone email me the story? I try to look at it and teh network I am on blocks it...Any help would be appreciated...Ahhh...Help...I can't get up...Anyone...Anyone...Bueller...

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
amncroft said:
Can someone email me the story? I try to look at it and teh network I am on blocks it...Any help would be appreciated...Ahhh...Help...I can't get up...Anyone...Anyone...Bueller...
ya whats your email. pm it to me if ya want.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think that GUY forgot to elaborate that the 954 was courtesy of his parents, who actually pay for his STATE FARM insurance, and his helmet...and jacket....and goggles, and tution...and books... etc,etc..!! :mrgreen:

Maybe he forgot to buckle his Seat Belt on the R6!! :blocked

·
max speed
242 Posts
I hope he does get caught. It was a good idea for that one person to put the link up for the fraud department :cuss How do you expalian an accident like that anyways :?:

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
I guess that's why most have high insurance rates over something like that happening and all these insurance companies having a generalized opinions to all sportsbike owners! :cuss

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The thing that sux is that what he did was actually a legit claim. He had full insurance, and wrecked. Granted he was stunting on purpose, he probably didnt wreck "on purpose." It would be the same thing in a car if you were purposely going 5mph over the speedlimit and wrecked and claimed it.

Unfortunately, it is because of god damn idiots like this guy that get nice new bikes, get full cover insurance and stunt and make claims. This is why our insurance is so high. Hows that moron gonna like it in a year or two after he claims another accident and can't get bike insurance anymore!!??

If stunting is your thing, which many guys do, you learn really fast that you can't claim anything. You eventually start to buy salvaged bikes, or fixers etc.. and stunt them, and if you even make them street legal, put liability on them and NEVER make a claim. How else do you think stunters can afford to ride?

Shit, my bike sunk into asphalt and tipped over doing damage, the only thing i'll claim even with full coverage would have to be a COMPLETE loss, and most likely someone elses fault.

Their is too many riders that get new bikes, get full coverage, get a slight lowside and make a claim since they don't wanna spend another $500 on top of their deductible to fix their bike. This fucks the rest of our rates, along with their own. If only the fucking morons would figure this shit out...........damn common sense.

Definitly........A 100% original RedlineR6 P.W.D. post! :wave

·
Registered
836 Posts
At first it pissed me off, now I could care less.

Think about it this way. Why the **** do we even pay insurance? So that when we do something stupid, it doesn't cost us as much out of our pocket.

There are a lot of stupid things you are not supposed to do that can cause an accident. For instance, riding the local canyons like they are a racetrack. If you go down in some sand on the canyons, of course you are going to claim it.

Regardless, he is going to pay for it in the way of increased premiums over the next several years, so it isn't like he is getting away scott free.

·
Registered
76 Posts
when I was picking up my bike there was a young punk picking up an R1 acting all cocky and shit, talking real loud about how he rides sitting and standing on the tank. All I could picture was someone picking his dumbass off the ground, even my wife was laughing at him.

The funny thing was when he left he loaded into a truck instead of riding home.

I have State Farm and their rates are real good but people like that just cause them to go up for everyone.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I think you missed the point, Rocky. WE ARE PAYING HIGHER PREMIUMS because of these guys. Did you know that years ago insurance companies wanted to stop insuring bike like the R6? The AMA stopped it. I just read on a thread here the other day that it's starting again. Do you know why? Because sport bikes are the #1 stolen bikes now. It use to be H-D. Moreover, I'm sure that the claims have gone through the roof. Guys will go out trying to be a stunt God and they F*^! up their bike so then what do they do? Well now it's decision time: 1) File a report, get cited, and have points added to my license and pay higher rates. X fills that square! 2) Dump it somewhere and report it stolen....HMMMM. 3) Steal someone elses bike and whore it for the parts.....YEAH!! Or better yet, steal a sport bike and learn on it! That way if it gets all screwed up, who cares! This is a BIG problem and it's only going to get worse. Every asshole that can do a wheelie and owns a video camera thinks he's going to get rich. The truth is that most of them SUCK! The Europeans have been doing it far longer and are much better at it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I go back and forth on how I feel about this issue. I have gotten to the point where I have started to stop caring about what other street riders do, because I will never ride on the street again.

I am not some punk kid that has only been riding for a year. I EXPERIENCED when they started blacklisting sportbikes. They NEVER stopped, regardless of what the AMA thinks they did. They just do it differently now; they charge almost as much as the MSRP for just one year of full coverage.

Even if we reported EVERY shady insurance claim, the companies aren't going to reduce premiums by a dime. They have the common public perception on their side, and therefore the representatives in government.

Nothing is going to change the perception of sportbikes. Because even so-called responsible riders are out there riding double the speed limits in the canyons. The type of riding that a sportbike is designed for is inherently risky.

That is why I don't ride on the street anymore. I don't want to pay the insurance premiums, I don't want the legal troubles, and I don't want the added risks. Eventually us riders who can actually afford to ride sportbikes are going to be sick of the whole deal, and the punk kids won't be able to afford it.

Performance Bike magazine just had an article about what the future holds for sportbikes in the UK. The consensus was that the days are numbered for sportbikes on the road. I tend to agree with that.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Well I do agree with you on some points, they (insurance companies) did raise the rates -vs- not insuring them at all. However, the AMA was instrumental in fighting it. To narrow the entire issue down to it's lowest common denominator is this: MORE WRECKED BIKES MEANS HIGHER INSURANCE PREMIUMS. Stunt clowns are wrecking bikes at an alarming rate. They aren't just chalking it up as an experience as racers like yourself do. If you low side a bike I'm sure pay out of pocket for repairs. These guys are not. The money to fix them isn't falling out of the sky. We are all paying for it (insured street riders). Lets not have hard feelings, lets just agree that we have a gentleman's disagreement. :burnout

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Your rate also depends on your driving record and wether or not your bike is your primary ride or not, which I think is only true if you have them insured thru the same company (but not positive). I get reamed cuz my driving history is alot like Loki's sexual history. Its very questionable when you look at it in finer detail. Although all the claims by people who knowingly participate in dangerous activites and then damage their bikes as a result don't help either. It does kill the rest of our rates and I'm glad an organization such as the AMA looks out for us (finally got my card yesterday!). If you are stuntin or racing and making claims to get your bike fixed, then you're just :idhitit the rest of us. And if you are out there stealing bikes cuz you want to stunt, then I'll be waiting for you at my house....... :bash :hatchet :stab

And nice Olive Branch BriGuy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts