Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I just bought an white 2010 R6 today!

anyways, this is luckly my first yamaha bike, and there are things that were kind of odd but didn't know if it's common for yamaha bike or not. I am a little paranoid, so please answer if you know them for sure~

1) when I put clutch in first gear or from first to neutral, bike moves a little, is that common?

2) while riding low rpm (like 3-6krpm), I don't know about the rear, but on front around wheel, there is some kind of fast repeated ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta sound. speed of this sound decrease as slow down. what is that?

3) I don't know if it's because it's new bike, but bike seems to get hot pretty easily (around 210). is that normal? this temperature usually reaches when bike is sitting, durin normal ride I say it's around 200. Also when i try to start the bike (turn the ignition to on), because temperature was high, fan came on, and engine wouldn't start. is that normal?

4) finally, my high beam(bulb is okay), rear turn signal, front turn signal (running lights to come on on front), do not work, as well as horn. what could be the problem?

these are problems I've encountered so far. I am really sorry for asking such dumb question. thank you for answering in advance!

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Hello all! I just bought an white 2010 R6 today!

anyways, this is luckly my first yamaha bike, and there are things that were kind of odd but didn't know if it's common for yamaha bike or not. I am a little paranoid, so please answer if you know them for sure~

1) when I put clutch in first gear or from first to neutral, bike moves a little, is that common?

2) while riding low rpm (like 3-6krpm), I don't know about the rear, but on front around wheel, there is some kind of fast repeated ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta sound. speed of this sound decrease as slow down. what is that?

3) I don't know if it's because it's new bike, but bike seems to get hot pretty easily (around 210). is that normal? this temperature usually reaches when bike is sitting, durin normal ride I say it's around 200. Also when i try to start the bike (turn the ignition to on), because temperature was high, fan came on, and engine wouldn't start. is that normal?

4) finally, my high beam(bulb is okay), rear turn signal, front turn signal (running lights to come on on front), do not work, as well as horn. what could be the problem?

these are problems I've encountered so far. I am really sorry for asking such dumb question. thank you for answering in advance!
Yes, wait what? Are you letting off the clutch a little?
Yes - Yamatick
Yes - But engine not starting?
Take It Back

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
First off...welcome to the forum :wave

1) yes normal for the bike to move when first engaged into first gear...if the clutch is pulled in while in first gear and it still continues to move...the clutch needs to be adjusted appropriately...

2)Get that checked...thats not good

3) that kinda temp around town at low speeds is normal...if you get that temp on the highway....get it checked...should be ~170-180 on the highway

4) get that checked

good luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) clutch is all the way in when clutch is put into first gear. how do I adjust clutch?

2) any idea what it could be?

3) I haven't been on the interstate, but i will check

4) I am thinking it's connector from left handle bar because all the functions that don't work (high beam button, horn button, turn signal) are operated by left side. what do you think? or maybe fuses?

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
1) clutch is all the way in when clutch is put into first gear. how do I adjust clutch?

2) any idea what it could be?

3) I haven't been on the interstate, but i will check

4) I am thinking it's connector from left handle bar because all the functions that don't work (high beam button, horn button, turn signal) are operated by left side. what do you think? or maybe fuses?
Yamatick is normal. It's not going away.

City wise with heat, yeah you will get in the 200's a lot

As far as the connection problem, take it back to your dealer ASAP man.

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
on point one, do you mean it constantly creeps, or it just jumps for a split second the moment you click it in? creeping is bad. that little jerk is perfectly normal. the jerk is from the friction disks being held to the steels on the clutch by the oil. totally normal. creeping means the clutch is dragging. if it creeps in any gear, it should attempt to creep in all gears

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is my first bike, and i bought it bran new 0 miles. They did all kinds of checks (including turn signals) before I came in (I called in advance).

man it's like 200 miles from my home :/ could it be connector on the left side like I mentioned in post #4?

·
I wish I was titanium....
203 Posts
+1 on the clutch may need to be adjusted... The tick is normal to Yamaha bikes. I have the same year bike and my temp was about the same.. it seemed the closer i got to the bike being broken in, the cooler it ran, but idk. That's about normal for my bike too though. Are you sure the kill switch wasn't engaged when you were trying to start it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh i meant it jumps for like split second when clutch is click in. they don't creep while clutch is engaged fully. so i guess it's normal.

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Call your dealer and tell them your problem. Maybe they have a smaller place around you that deals with them that can possibly diagnose your problem. Not sure. But 200 miles? Should have really checked everything before leaving..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the time when engine didn't start, i meant it did crank but i only tried for 3 seconds, cause i didn't want to drain the battery, and fan was on because temperature was hot. It does start now after fan being off and all

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
the time when engine didn't start, i meant it did crank but i only tried for 3 seconds, cause i didn't want to drain the battery, and fan was on because temperature was hot. It does start now after fan being off and all
Oh dude that's nothing to worry about.

But the connection situation is.

CALL YOUR DEALER!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Does anyone read the stickies?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone know if the 3rd gen body style has an effect on the temp because my buddy has one and I have a 2nd gen and it seems like his fanturns on everytime we hit a light and mine doesn't?

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Does anyone know if the 3rd gen body style has an effect on the temp because my buddy has one and I have a 2nd gen and it seems like his fanturns on everytime we hit a light and mine doesn't?

That could be a number of factors-- If his bike is lower, it'll get hot faster. If his coolant is old it'll get hot faster. Usually (in my experience) the 2nd gens run a little cooler than the 3rd gens.

To the Original Poster (OP).. Welcome to the forum! The ticking near the front is normal. The bike jumping a little is normal when a gear is engaged. The temp is normal for non-highway rides.. The thing is meant to BREATH. It's a friggin' race bike!

As far as your horn, etc. not working... It's probably a fuse. My turn signals and horn crapped out on me randomly a month ago and I have yet to replace it... But since your bike is NEW, I would expect everything to work perfectly. I'd call and bitch about it.

ALSO: Post pictures. And I can tell you already, you want to take off that huge long exhaust can and swap it with a shorter one. :fact

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol, so you've been driving around without your turn signal working?

the problem is, turn signals did work when the bike was there. I don't know when it stopped working. I only tested turn signal for like 2 seconds (left), then turn it off, then turned off the engine. when i got home it's not working.

Is there any connection i could check maybe? like i mentioned already, entire switches on left handle bar doesn't work. (high beam, turn signals, horn). if it's fuse, which fuse should I check? i think it should be in fuse box 2, but i don't think horn or highbeam are signaling fuse they mention in the manual o_O

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Lol, so you've been driving around without your turn signal working?

Unfortunately yes..

the problem is, turn signals did work when the bike was there. I don't know when it stopped working. I only tested turn signal for like 2 seconds (left), then turn it off, then turned off the engine. when i got home it's not working.

Is there any connection i could check maybe? like i mentioned already, entire switches on left handle bar doesn't work. (high beam, turn signals, horn). if it's fuse, which fuse should I check? i think it should be in fuse box 2, but i don't think horn or highbeam are signaling fuse they mention in the manual o_O
My high/lo switch works still.. but my horn and signals don't. I'm not sure where the fuse is, i was going to dick around with it this winter.. I would call and have words with someone though.. That's BS (and it's not normal-- Don't go thinking all Yammies suck because you're having issues)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
problem hot starting is too tight in valve clearance or cam chain tension.

common problem among the 06+ bikes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts