Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought an 05 r6 with 2000 miles. It is pretty much stock, but the last owner did say something about a new kickstand. I noticed that the link is made by Vortex and I am wondering if the bike is lowered. Here are some pics:

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
it looks like the back is pretty low but the front is about stock by the look of the forks.

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
I think the front looks pretty low. Its a good possibility, especially if the link is made by vortex

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The front is stock height but the rear seems to be lowered. Like i said, its a vortex link and the clearance between the hugger and the undertail doesnt seem right.

How hard is it to change that out for a stock link?? Thanks

-Tyler

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Thats what i noticed first too...Hugger looks a bit close to the seat, but the front looks to be pretty good

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know the picture is bad...i tried to upload a few more but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

I just want to get the bike back to stock height...it just doesn't look right. Im looking to trade my link for a stock one...anybody know someone who wants to lower their bike? Thanks

-Tyler

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
looks stock to me....but then what do i know, your bike is slanted

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i can post a better picture tmw.

But I think i am almost positive that it is lowered. Why else would someone put a vortex link on there??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts