Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the middle of a 2 month ordeal with Crown regarding some carbon I got from them that looks like garbage. Sent them back to get replaced which took about a month and finally got the new ones. The weaves are loose every where just like the ones I sent back and theres little pin holes all over. The reason I bought from them was because everyone on here swears by them but this is the worst carbon I've ever had. Does anyone else who has their products have the same problem? The told me it's normal to have because it's to difficult to get a tight weave on carbon which is some BS.

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
I had a issue with some of the 1st pieces I bought from them a while back but it was resolved and every piece I have gotten from them since has been great. I just got a set of mid fairings and they were perfect? There is mixed feelings on here that go both ways so I dunno?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have always seemed to want to make right... Give em a chance, Im sure they will get you fixed up.
Yea they seemed like it through the email but I've already gotten replacements and they are just as bad as the first ones I got. I'm really tired of dealing with them and think I'll just call my bank or Visa to get my money back.

·
Registered
248 Posts
pm me i work for a hydro imaging company. its not real carbon but looks damn close....

heres a short clip.

pm me. we will take care of you...

- dante

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
^^^^That is cool!

As for twilltech I have there mids as well. I bought blemishes and they where hard to find. The weave is good and one fairing bolted up perfect, the 2nd mid needed trimming of the mounting tabs. Other than that I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the SAME problems with the pieces I ordered, in addition to the quality of the clear coat being sub-par. You can cover those loose weaves with black vinyl or electrical tape, although you shouldn't even have to do that. Try waiting 3 months and receiving only 1 of the 5 pieces you ordered. Every time I asked him where my pieces were it was one BS excuse after another. After 3 months of only receiving 1 part and another piece that I didn't even order, I told him I was sending the piece back and I wanted a full refund. After some reluctance, he agreed. I wouldn't be suprised if one of the pieces you received was my returned piece. Jayson is full of $#!t and has an excuse for EVERYTHING. Get used to it every time you talk to him. You should see my email string with him, over 60 emails of BS. I don't know how that company is even in business anymore.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had the SAME problems with the pieces I ordered, in addition to the quality of the clear coat being sub-par. You can cover those loose weaves with black vinyl or electrical tape, although you shouldn't even have to do that. Try waiting 3 months and receiving only 1 of the 5 pieces you ordered. Every time I asked him where my pieces were it was one BS excuse after another. After 3 months of only receiving 1 part and another piece that I didn't even order, I told him I was sending the piece back and I wanted a full refund. After some reluctance, he agreed. I wouldn't be suprised if one of the pieces you received was my returned piece. Jayson is full of $#!t and has an excuse for EVERYTHING. Get used to it every time you talk to him. You should see my email string with him, over 60 emails of BS. I don't know how that company is even in business anymore.
Yea the first ones clear was crap. The replacements look like they just took the old ones I sent back and recleared them. He said painting the backs black was an unnecessary expense so they can pass the savings on to me lol. I wanted to order a lot more too so I guess its a good thing I didn't.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've never ordered parts from this company but I've seen several posts exactly the same as this one. It seems they send out junk parts and hope the customer doesn't complain/ask for a refund. I hate companies like this, not only is it insulting but its a huge waste of time.

If they were smart they would realize that pretty much everyone who decides to buy a product from them googles them first and finds these posts. Even one bad post on a forum can kill a small company like this..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea the first ones clear was crap. The replacements look like they just took the old ones I sent back and recleared them. He said painting the backs black was an unnecessary expense so they can pass the savings on to me lol. I wanted to order a lot more too so I guess its a good thing I didn't.
He told me to spray the back of it black also. Why is that our problem? We shouldnt even have to do that. I spent hours wetsanding and buffing to even get it to look half decent. Send that crap back and get a refund, thats what I did. Just tell him it's very unprofessional and that if he were in your shoes, he wouldn't accept the quality of the pieces either. It worked for me. When I ordered my stuff he told me 20-30 days from the day of the order to receive the parts. Such BS...everyone else, stay away from this company! They have even raised the prices on their stuff since I ordered mine and they are still producing $#!tty pieces. Unbelievable!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts