Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh well. That's the cost of doin' buisness, (or havin' fun) some might say.

I low sided at a track day on Sunday and thought I should post the pics. The slider did it's job incredibly well. The tank and tail section were spared. The bike suffered damage to the bar end, exhaust tip, and lower fairing only. Oh, and my suit is slightly scuffed up,.... but that just makes it look better.

It was the third lap of the first session of the day and I fecked up! A little too over confident, a little too hot in a corner, on stock tires that should have been warmer. :dunce:

Haven't been able to look at my baby until tonight

exhaust tip got pushed into swingarm. I pulled it out to find it left no mark.

I am so damn luck really, because that is feck-all damage, but it still hurts to see my sweet heart with a bit of rash. Anyway, she'll be fixied up in no time with new parts before you can say "Mother F#%ker" and I'll save the old ones for track days. Already orderd everything from e-bay but the lower.

·
what?
906 Posts
at least you're alright. A little war wound always look better. Chicks dig scars.

·
Registered
119 Posts
the oggys are worth their weight in gold, save so much heart ache and coin too! Good to see the bike survived it

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, hey, thanks guys! I never even thought about me on this one. It was such a ? I don't know?,... slow and easy low side, that I was never concerned about anything but the bike while it was happening. I knew there was no one around me at the time as well so I had ample time for several thoughts to go through my head. For example: Feck!! This is going to be expensive. Wow, did I feck up that line. Damn it!, I knew the tires weren't warm enough. Did I shut the stove off before I left the house this morning? Hmmm, that cloud looks like a big cock (I mean rooster mods).

·
Registered
119 Posts
The couple of times ive slid my bike ive done the same thing..Screw me! Hows the BIKE!!

I had a massive spill in Sep last year, and totalled the bike, I was in tears, I wasnt hurt, gear was f**ked though, so lucky to walk/live. I couldnt help but cry cause I shagged my bike :(

Bones heal, bikes dont :p Some people are the other way round though, couldnt care about the bike, they'll just buy a new one... I get too attached :)

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd love to ride with you mate! :cheers

When I win the lottery.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
^x2 on that one, now just imagine wat your bike would look like if it hadnt been for them... glad you made out ok though.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
lucked out with the bike man! glad u mad it out with less on u

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
thats the best ive ever seen a bike look after a lowside

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
the bike does not look bad at all, good thing you had the sliders.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
damn thats some good ass frame sliders...:fact
how you doin though

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
damn thats some good ass frame sliders...:fact
how you doin though

Hey, thanks again guys.

Honestly, when I posted this I was only thinking of, not just my bike, but all our bikes and expieriences with damage and how much it sucks. Truth is I made another mistake. It's not about the bike it's self, it's about all of us who ride them. That's not only what's important, but what's irreplaceable

I'm totaly fine. I have the slightest bruise on my right thigh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts