Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the ol sayin you get what you pay for rang true. Bought a set of smoked flushies from D2 Moto for only $20. After installing them (they LOOK great) They barely flash and they light up my signal indicators buy my speedo constantly. They are lit up dim, but it is annoying. These are plug and play, the only thing I can think of is they put the wires in the connector the wrong way. Anyway, they're garbage and I'll be ordering some hotbodies flushies and tint them myself.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Ok, I just got some, and the plug is wrong. Trust me, I was pissed at first, but when I realized it was just pinned wrong, im a happy camper.

Pull the plug back apart, and line up the 2 black wires, and the factory green wire will line up with the flushies Yellow wire, If you push really hard, it will go together. I did it, and it works fine now.

At first, only about 3 leds were BARLEY coming on. Now I have all LEDs, and pretty bright.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, I'll try that. Yeah, I had a feeling they were just wrong, but you shouldn't have to mess with a product you buy, it should just work right the first time.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
thats exactly what i did and they work fine... bright as all hell. i dont have any complaints other than we shudnt have to do that but w/e, its better than payin 40-50 beans for hotbodies.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have them too and did the same thing, switched the plug around. I refuse to pay the prices they are charging for the name brand ones. So far these are holding up just fine.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Yea, 50-$100 for nice ones, or $20 and I have to put the plug in wrong for it work. Ill gladly put the plug in wrong.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine work fine. Maybe you guys are putting them on backwards or something? Not sure if its possible, but maybe.

I got teh same ones from ebay for $20, they worked 100% perfectly, I didnt have to do a damn thing to them.. Maybe I got a good batch.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Yea, It is obviously wired wrong when you actually look at it. Due to its design you can FORCE it in wrong to make it work properly though. Or, Just cut off the plug and hard wire it.

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
Guys, how do the D2 Moto flushies attach to the bike. Do they stick on with doublesided tape, or do they screw onto the fairing?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I think I like quality, I hate fixing things I've already had to "fix" by puttin in the aftermarket part...:mad:

Which is why I got some that use the appropriate wiring harness and hold themselves onto the bike :D

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
Someone please tell me how these attach. I am ready to pull the trigger but I dont want flushies that attach with double sided tape.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
They do attach with double sided tape. Ive had no problems with mine. But I am considering pulling the fairing and adding a hard mount for them.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
I would like to add, that I have contacted D2 Moto about the problem. They were not aware that it was pinned wrong. I also just sent them a link to this thread. Obviously since most of us found out how fix the issue, its not a concern, but to other customers, and them, this may solve a large return issue, and not harm their name at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can anyone post a picture/video when its lit up.. just want to compare it with my bike.. I think my signal flashes but its not too noticeable.. thanks..

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Let me go try. But it will be pics only.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Get ready for crappy cell phone pics:

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is bright.. there must be somthing wrong with mine then... cuz its not really that bright.. I will post a picture of mine..

Thanks for taking the trouble to take pics.. I appreciate it

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
When I first plugged it in, only a couple lit up, and it was VERY dim. When I forced the plug in wrong but with the proper wires lined up, then it works how it does now.

Make sure the black wires are lined up in the plug, and Factory Green to Flush mount yellow.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
With a simple relay these can function as running light too.

Attachments

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
356 Posts
i agree that the D2 moto flushies are crap. Mine sucked ass. I just got my Protons in. Wow what a difference. These are the shit. Superbright.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts