Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I Need An R6 :o
62 Posts
Re: Dont buy HID kit from BKMOTO

I get all my HID’s from DDM Tuning. Lifetime guarantee and I’ve always been impressed in the quality. Shoot even when a buddy of mine had a shop short out his DDM harness, they sent him a new one. Good customer service.

·
Registered
396 Posts

Hey boys, just a heads up, ordered a 8000k H7 Hid kit From bkmoto for my 06 r6... was pretty pumped, and once i got to installing them, I realized that the bulbs werent even H7... they were basically an hid bulb with no housing around it to secure it in place... instead of a housing it was just a thick piece of foam or cheap material that your lock pin is suppose to push against to secure..... and because the Highbeam hole is larger then the low beam hole... the HID pretty much just hangs sideways in the highbeam socket because there no proper H7 housing for it to be secured....... all in all pretty greasy on their end, they state their product will be an H7 bulb yet they sent generic universal bulbs.... I emailed them so if they make it right ill let you know.. but to be honest dont really feel like having to wait to send it back.... then get a new one then install, i wasted so much time wiring all this in.. probly just going to order a new kit from krypton bulbs or what not...

anyways just a heads up for the rest of you....

You can see the stock H7 housing.... vs the new Hid they gave me and the crappy rubber piece they expect me to use...
Good morning Rohit,

I apologize, but some one must have mixed up the bulbs with your order and you received H1 bulbs instead of H7.
The bulbs in the picture are standard H1 bulbs, they will not fit your housing as H1 bases are smaller than H7.

We have the best H7 bulbs in the business, with metal bases, ceramic bulb holders and UV Protection. here is what your correct bulb will look like when you receive it tomorrow:

The foam piece is not to install the bulbs, its just packaging to hold the bulb in the clear cylinder, its just packaging material.

I have shipped out the correct H7 bulbs to you overnight, at my expense.

This is your first contact with us for this issue, it was solved promptly, but i do feel that your reaction is not adequate, making a post like this to tarnish our reputation over a simple bulbs mixup is not right.

You made your order 5/2/2014, it was shipped same day. You received it 5/5/2014. you never contacted us about this issue and now you make this post.

I understand if you tried to contact us, and we ignored you or your problem was not fixed, but this post will cause a lot of harm to our business for no good reason.

your order was shipped same day as it came in, with 2nd day shipping, i consider that great service, and your problem was corrected same day the complaint was received with overnight mail.

Regards,
Boris
bkmoto.com

Reactions: CO2013R6

·
Sherwin Antagonist
1,465 Posts

Hey boys, just a heads up, ordered a 8000k H7 Hid kit From bkmoto for my 06 r6... was pretty pumped, and once i got to installing them, I realized that the bulbs werent even H7... they were basically an hid bulb with no housing around it to secure it in place... instead of a housing it was just a thick piece of foam or cheap material that your lock pin is suppose to push against to secure..... and because the Highbeam hole is larger then the low beam hole... the HID pretty much just hangs sideways in the highbeam socket because there no proper H7 housing for it to be secured....... all in all pretty greasy on their end, they state their product will be an H7 bulb yet they sent generic universal bulbs.... I emailed them so if they make it right ill let you know.. but to be honest dont really feel like having to wait to send it back.... then get a new one then install, i wasted so much time wiring all this in.. probly just going to order a new kit from krypton bulbs or what not...

anyways just a heads up for the rest of you....

You can see the stock H7 housing.... vs the new Hid they gave me and the crappy rubber piece they expect me to use...
So you emailed him, didn't wait for his reply and decided to bash his reputation. :nono Vendors make mistakes. If you received incorrect parts, give him the opportunity to make things right before bashing his reputation publicly.

BKMoto is a Forum Vendor. :hammer
:werd

I get all my HID’s from DDM Tuning. Lifetime guarantee and I’ve always been impressed in the quality. Shoot even when a buddy of mine had a shop short out his DDM harness, they sent him a new one. Good customer service.
The last time I bought from DDM, it took 3 weeks to get bulbs....Next time i needed bulbs, ordered from AGG....took 3 days:fact

Good morning Rohit,

I apologize, but some one must have mixed up the bulbs with your order and you received H1 bulbs instead of H7.
The bulbs in the picture are standard H1 bulbs, they will not fit your housing as H1 bases are smaller than H7.

We have the best H7 bulbs in the business, with metal bases, ceramic bulb holders and UV Protection. here is what your correct bulb will look like when you receive it tomorrow:

The foam piece is not to install the bulbs, its just packaging to hold the bulb in the clear cylinder, its just packaging material.

This is your first contact with us for this issue, it was solved promptly, but i do feel that your reaction is not adequate, making a post like this to tarnish our reputation over a simple bulbs mixup is not right.

You made your order 5/2/2014, it was shipped same day. You received it 5/5/2014. you never contacted us about this issue and now you make this post.

I understand if you tried to contact us, and we ignored you or your problem was not fixed, but this post will cause a lot of harm to our business for no good reason.

your order was shipped same day as it came in, with 2nd day shipping, i consider that great service, and your problem was corrected same day the complaint was received with overnight mail.

Regards,
Boris
bkmoto.com
Borris, like many others on this forum, is an EXCELLENT vendor. Many times, he has helped me out without any profit/benefit to himself or his company. He will get you taken care of if given the opportunity. Being a douche and bashing him before you give him the chance to fix it just makes you look....well....like a dick.

Reactions: CO2013R6

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts

I love when people jump the gun.

·
your gunna love my nuts!
171 Posts

Good morning Rohit,

Regards,
Boris
bkmoto.com
good business right there....:cheers

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,797 Posts

Damn, all this over the mistake of the wrong bulbs? I would hate to be the vendor that build this guy, say a multi-thousand dollar superbike engine, that blew up within 3 miles...

All I can say is that the OP is coming off as kind of a Dbag for coming to the forum with bunched panties before picking up the god damned phone to call or wait for a response from a company that shipped on the same day as the order.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,506 Posts

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,411 Posts

And...OP is nowhere to be seen. :laugh

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.