Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up. Just want to give some advice. I would advise anyone not to use the brillow pad that comes with the bike. I used it thinking it would shine it up and all it did was put scratches all on the can. Well since I started to use it I had to finish it. Now the stock can doesnt shine like it use to. WTF. Does anyone know what I can use to bring back the luster shine it once had. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I think it was only meant for the pipe portion and not the can. I never planned on using any abrasive things on my bike.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
no...it is meant for the CAN...but you will notice the CAN is a brushed aluminum, and the brush marks go ONE direction. YOu are supposed to brush with the pad in that one direction, or, yes, you will scratch the chit out of it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Really though. Not to mention they look and sound better!
-Stoneloco your avatar is sick!

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I agree completely, good excuse to get a new slip on! :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
when i first got my bike i used that pad ,...... and scratched the shit out of it , i couldn't believe it !!!,..... i leaned over and promised my bike "we" would never speak of this again ,...

i was so ashamed of myself i went out the next day and bought her a new pipe, and we went to councling and worked everything out ,..
now i by her things all the time to keep her happy ,....

i feel soooo much better now .... thanx guy's

and remember if u hert her ,.. just go buy her a new on ,... u'll feel better

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
phantom menace said:
when i first got my bike i used that pad ,...... and scratched the shit out of it , i couldn't believe it !!!,..... i leaned over and promised my bike "we" would never speak of this again ,...

i was so ashamed of myself i went out the next day and bought her a new pipe, and we went to councling and worked everything out ,..

:lmao

·
Registered
614 Posts
Mothers mag and aluminum polish! It will shine that puppy up. It's a workout for the elbow, but if you have the time, you'll get out most of the little scratches.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
04areSix said:
Mothers mag and aluminum polish! It will shine that puppy up. It's a workout for the elbow, but if you have the time, you'll get out most of the little scratches.
If you like that try their Billet polish its even better.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
phantom menace said:

that is a good one. :hammer :hammer

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
hey man i work in metal finishing and fabercation. the grain is a prosses called "time saving" the metal is put in a machine were a abrasive rolls over it giving it its grain. this is done before the pipe is made round. so pretty much you have to get a new pipe. if its that big of a deal to you.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
yoda said:
no...it is meant for the CAN...but you will notice the CAN is a brushed aluminum, and the brush marks go ONE direction. YOu are supposed to brush with the pad in that one direction, or, yes, you will scratch the chit out of it.
:stupic

1 - 20 of 41 Posts