Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this and posted it on another site. now im a newbie on this site i what to see what yall have to say.
http://www.bakerbroz.com/videos/InsideEdition.wmv
thay make us out to be terrorist. thats bullshit. that vid pisses me off so bad. those muther f***ers. :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss

·
Registered
846 Posts
It pisses me off that inside edition spun it like that... Yes, the people who stunt on the road can make the roads dangerous for the rest of us... but now inside edition is pretty much chastising everyone who is on 2 wheels that doesn't do the speed limit... I don't know... Yeah, they're stupid for doing that stuff on highways, but hey, maybe darwin has a point. As long as everyone on this site is safe, then we *should* have nothing to worry about.

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know i was thinking. that cop that died in that clip, yeah that sucks. but you know how many bikers that die on bikes each year from poeple talking on cell phones or f***ing with their radio, or just not paying attention.

there was one guy on this site that his good buddy died from someone no looking. "biker down" i think it was. i had a good buddy die to. theres more danger in the poeple, on every day driving than there is on stuters. damn soccer mon in their mini vans, or grandman and granpa that cant even see over the wheel.

sorry guys im just venting

·
Registered
504 Posts
doesn't piss me off anymore. same shit that's been happening for years. Every year around here the police say they are cracking down and every year is pretty much the same. however the huge surge in high school aged kids getting these bikes might change that.

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
devin_yzfr6 said:
you know i was thinking. that cop that died in that clip, yeah that sucks. but you know how many bikers that die on bikes each year from poeple talking on cell phones or f***ing with their radio, or just not paying attention.
The cop didn't die because of the biker. He was driving too fast for the condition of his car. A Porsche was racing a bike on I-4, and they split up and the cop decided to stay after the bike. Then his tire separated on his Camaro and he went off the road. Notice that they didn't say anything about the "Porsche Menace to Society". It sucks that he died though.

I totally agree about the cell phones. I can't tell you how many times I've almost wrecked in my car because of soccer moms all over the road in their Chevy Subdivisions talking on the phone and screaming at their kids.

·
Registered
118 Posts
yea they put a total spin on it. If that ass would have got in my face like he did to that stunter he was interviewing oh man. I wanted to reach thru the screen and hit him. What an idiot. Yea so 3,500+ died. they neglected to tell the detail on those. how convient 4 them. Yea we might do some crazy stuff but just stay in your lane and you will be fine. The video was tight tho with all the bikes.

·
looking for more curves
1,881 Posts
BassnTruck said:
yea they put a total spin on it. ... they neglected to tell the detail on those. how convient 4 them.
Yeah, if it doesn't sock your audience it will not keep them watching, which means they are not watching the commericals, which means you program stopps getting advertising $ which means the show on longer will be able to be on the air.

see the cycle that would make such a show to put spins on any story to keep their ratings up.

·
Registered
613 Posts
"If all automobiles were equipped with the stability system, more than 20,000 such serious accidents, which claim over 27,000 victims each year, could be prevented in Germany"

Sorry guys, this was just a quick, curious search on google. That is only Germany! Honestly, i'm sure there is some statistic out there that your odds of being interviewed by some tard of a reporter are better than being involved in a motorcycle accident. And don't even get my started with the number of times a car has failed to shoulder-check. :cuss

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for yalls support guys, i have posted this on three sites now and had the same replys to it. im thinking about writing a letter to inside edition. i really dont know how good it will, if any good. if i do ill post it so yall can see it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sup all. Long time reader, 1st time posting.

I just want to say that I think these sensationalist reports suck ass. It makes all sport bike riders look bad. Its easy to point a finger at the reporters, but its half-wits like these moronic kids that do the stunting in front of the cameras that give them the story. How fucking retarded can you get? But what can you expect from a bunch of teenagers. I have no problem with stunting. I think it rocks. Its fun to watch, but do it in the right place: a parking lot, deserted road. Not down the fucking highway with the general public watching and potentially in harm's way. But thats what these dipshits are about. They are so insecure with themselves, that they have to validate their existance any way they can. I think the police should use bean-bag guns to shoot these punks down when they try to run. The excuse, "stay in your lane and you will be fine" is a pathetic example of these asswipes. These kids cant even keep it together on two wheels, and then they try and loft their bike at 80mph on the highway. Inside Edition is like any news agency, they make news stories that will get them the ratings, and the posers out there stunting on the highway blow their load whenever someone points a camera in their direction. How can you blame one and not the other. If those fools would do their thing in a safer place, there wouldnt be a news story to make the rest of us look bad. :roll:

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Smegma said:
Sup all. Long time reader, 1st time posting.

I just want to say that I think these sensationalist reports suck ass. It makes all sport bike riders look bad. Its easy to point a finger at the reporters, but its half-wits like these moronic kids that do the stunting in front of the cameras that give them the story. How fucking retarded can you get? But what can you expect from a bunch of teenagers. I have no problem with stunting. I think it rocks. Its fun to watch, but do it in the right place: a parking lot, deserted road. Not down the fucking highway with the general public watching and potentially in harm's way. But thats what these dipshits are about. They are so insecure with themselves, that they have to validate their existance any way they can. I think the police should use bean-bag guns to shoot these punks down when they try to run. The excuse, "stay in your lane and you will be fine" is a pathetic example of these asswipes. These kids cant even keep it together on two wheels, and then they try and loft their bike at 80mph on the highway. Inside Edition is like any news agency, they make news stories that will get them the ratings, and the posers out there stunting on the highway blow their load whenever someone points a camera in their direction. How can you blame one and not the other. If those fools would do their thing in a safer place, there wouldnt be a news story to make the rest of us look bad. :roll:
hey man and welcome, im a newbie too.
but yes you do make some good points. im guilty of running. i have done i a few times. will i do it now, no. whats the point, im just out there having fun doing what i love doing. i stunt and i hit turns as fast as i can. but your not going to stop these guys. all you can do is whach out for them.
and the thing with the bean bag gun. say if you hit someone with one of these guns. the rider would fall off and you would have a bike with no rider. and we all know what can happen then.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
I agree with Smeg 100%

It is the few that ruin it for everyone. Just like most things in this world, our own will cause our downfall. Its bad enough when they have to stunt in traffic and increase the risk, but taping it and selling it?? come on, that is just stupid. Taunting cops, dodging roadblocks...I mean, that is just asking to hurt the sport.

I ride to work as often as I can, and everywhere I go for that matter. I live on a highway in Dallas called 75 Central. There is a sportbike/stunt group called "75south" that has been stunting up and down the highway, they film it, they have pics and vids all over...yet, enough people have complained about the speeding bikes, the wheelies and such that the cops now sit on 75, and are pulling over bikes for ANYTHING they can get. Or they follow you for miles just waiting for you to do something not perfect. Once you get pulled over they ask if you are part of that group, or know them. I mean, stuff like that just kills it for everyone. I don't stunt, I don't race, I ride. I love to hit empty roads and just cruise. Yeah, I will haul ass, but only when I know it is only me. I have friends that like to stunt, like to race, and they save it for the track or the empty parking lot in an industrial area.

Be smart, those of you that are stunting in traffic may like the rush, but I think you are a loser, and it is you that is hurting my sport. I know I can't change anything, I know that I can't make peopel stop and change attitudes of the public, but I just thought I would say that I agree with the statement...It isn't Inside Edition, it is our own that is ruining it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
yoda said:
a whole bunch of stuff that makes a lot of sense that I'm not going to take up the space to repost...
I agree with yoda... to an extent. Yes, these prime examples of darwinistic behavior are to blame... mostly. However, the media has an obligation to portray news in an OBJECTIVE manner... whether these stunters are right or wrong SHOULDN'T matter... There's 2 sides to every story, and they're not showing that. Instead of saying stunters, or something of the sort, they say bikers, which is a much more blanket term... one that I'm proud to be a part of, though I keep my bike on 2 wheels (almost) all the time, and my ass is generally attached to my seat.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
welchsm said:
yoda said:
a whole bunch of stuff that makes a lot of sense that I'm not going to take up the space to repost...
that in itself was rather funny...LOL

and I DO agree with you completely, but we all know there is no such thing as unbiased news reporting. They should have shown both sides, or shown something like a toy run here in Dallas pulling 35K bikes....but they won't.

*insert political slur here*

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well ever side of this issue makes me mad. The media pisses me off by making in sound like every person on the road riding a sportbike is a dumbass. Then these "stunters" out doing these actions on the busy streets where it could get them selves and other hurt or killed. Then you have the police out harrassing ever sportbike rider, because of the few jackasses. The problem is that everyone is out for themselve. The media only cares about the ratings and not how it effects the other riders tha are not do it crazy stuff. The stunters only care about the video or image they get for doing crazy stuff. Finally the cops, don't think about that not every sportbike rider is not out doing this stuff. All they think is there goes some one on a sportbike so they have to be a dumbass. It just like if a certain ethnic race of man/woman robbed a bank then the media jumps to make that ethnic race look bad, then the cops start making sure that ethnic race doesn't breath wrong. I wish everyone could work together , instead of just jumping to conclusions that all people are bad in a certain group. I don't if this really made sense, but atleast I got to vent in a health way.HAHA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.