Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting a double bubble windscreen for my 07 R6 and my buddy told me that he didn't really like having one on his R6. He said they are nice at high speed when you're tucked in, but when sitting up with the stock one on the airflow used to hit his chest and keep weight off his wrists. Now with the double bubble there is more weight on his wrists and wind is hitting him in the helmet and is kinda uncomfortable. Is this common, or is he a pansy ass? I've never had a double bubble on any of my bikes, so I wouldn't know.

·
Registered
387 Posts
mines bad ass. i dont catch much wind at all. low or high speed, tucked or riding up right. i'm about 6' too. go with the zero gravity.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Mine is WAYYYYY better for wind resistance then my stocker, tucked or sitting up. I love it.

+2 on zero gravity

·
Riding his own ride...
4,723 Posts
They aren't so bad that no wind at all will hit you when crusing. they are barely taller. In fact you can barley see the difference unless you have them side by side. It's just enough to help you when tucked, but that's about it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have the PUIG DB carbonfiber look screen and like it alot.
There's not much to tuck behind on the 06 and up models so a DB screen can't hurt but its up to personal taste.:fact .bottom line its an improvement not a set back IMO..

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
db only way to go, i love mine

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeah, DB is much better than stock. I would go with Zero Gravity for the brand. Puig is pretty popular but after having one of each, the Zero Gravity seemed like it fit better.

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
Tell your buddy to keep his body up by squeezing the tank with his thighs and it will take the pressure off his wrists. Especially when slowing down / engine braking. My wrists used to hurt until I found this out. I also ordered a zero gravity DB in dark smoke. Have yet to put it on though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got my double bubble yesterday... it rocks...

i think your friend just needs to do what cdickgo was saying....he's not using his legs and footpegs at all.....this actually suggests that he's stiff on the bike and trying "to turn the bike "with his arms rather than push down on those foot pegs and just maneuver.... then again im no Nicky Hayden....

just an observation from what I learned a few years back from a riding course I took.... try this.... next time riding with him... watch if he does "the hooker" with his legs (his legs are not tight to the tank).... if he is... he's to stiff with this upper body..... needs to just relax and put that weight on the pegs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts