Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those who droped their bikes, do you guys repair it out of your own pocket or report it to insurance for adjusters to estimate the damages?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
usually depending on the deductible most people repair it themselves if your deductible is 500 and its only gonna be 120$ worth of parts then you might as well do it yourself

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
usually depending on the deductible most people repair it themselves if your deductible is 500 and its only gonna be 120$ worth of parts then you might as well do it yourself
+1

Most of the time the plastics won't cost more then the deductible.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1

Most of the time the plastics won't cost more then the deductible.
Well here are damages to my bike it has a dent on the tank broken front head light cowl, head light has a piece of pastic missing on the back and i cant do a vertical adjusment, a few minor scratches, mirrors, stator and clutch cover got pretty grinded up, exhaust can got some major dings. I'll give them a call today and see what's up...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
when i hit the gravel last time, i had road rashes on my nose and mid left fairing. just bought some used one off ebay and it looks just as new.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
It depends on the cost of damage. Even if your deductible is 500 and the damage is 750 its still worth fixing on your own because of the insurance hike.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i havent reported any of my "incidents" to insurance. i'd rather i fix it myself and not have my rates go up. scratches gives the bike character anyway
+1 but it bugs me seeing my bike the way it is...its like its telling me it has a booboo and i gotta repair her... well i ended up just taking it out of my own pocket..only way ill go to insurance is if its near the 1k mark.. it just makes me wonder because i got $2600 off insurance of someone knocking my bike over at a parking lot a few months ago...

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
+1 but it bugs me seeing my bike the way it is...its like its telling me it has a booboo and i gotta repair her... well i ended up just taking it out of my own pocket..only way ill go to insurance is if its near the 1k mark.. it just makes me wonder because i got $2600 off insurance of someone knocking my bike over at a parking lot a few months ago...
I just did some minor damage to my right fairing. It's funny that you guys say it gives the bike character. I'm a new bike guy, but long time car guy. I could never imagine saying that a cracked bumper gave my car character.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts