Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,300 Posts
usually depending on the deductible most people repair it themselves if your deductible is 500 and its only gonna be 120$ worth of parts then you might as well do it yourself
+1

Most of the time the plastics won't cost more then the deductible.

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1

Most of the time the plastics won't cost more then the deductible.
Well here are damages to my bike it has a dent on the tank broken front head light cowl, head light has a piece of pastic missing on the back and i cant do a vertical adjusment, a few minor scratches, mirrors, stator and clutch cover got pretty grinded up, exhaust can got some major dings. I'll give them a call today and see what's up...

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i havent reported any of my "incidents" to insurance. i'd rather i fix it myself and not have my rates go up. scratches gives the bike character anyway
+1 but it bugs me seeing my bike the way it is...its like its telling me it has a booboo and i gotta repair her... well i ended up just taking it out of my own pocket..only way ill go to insurance is if its near the 1k mark.. it just makes me wonder because i got $2600 off insurance of someone knocking my bike over at a parking lot a few months ago...

· I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,136 Posts
+1 but it bugs me seeing my bike the way it is...its like its telling me it has a booboo and i gotta repair her... well i ended up just taking it out of my own pocket..only way ill go to insurance is if its near the 1k mark.. it just makes me wonder because i got $2600 off insurance of someone knocking my bike over at a parking lot a few months ago...
I just did some minor damage to my right fairing. It's funny that you guys say it gives the bike character. I'm a new bike guy, but long time car guy. I could never imagine saying that a cracked bumper gave my car character.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.