Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
11/19/10
I just improve this tonight. Woowoooot! Same setup, just improved my 60ft.

ET - 7.18
60ft - 1.85
Mph - 104.89

----------------------------------------------
update: I improved this a little couple weeks ago.
2009 Yamaha R6, RT 1.055, ET [email protected] MPH
I made the website I won! lol
http://racelegal.com/web/pastresults.asp?lookup=9/24/2010
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to the track for 1st time here in san diego. I've been only riding for 2 1/2 months. It was sloppy in beginning for me because I was learning how to launch the bike. I beat all the 600's bikes that were there. And even a R1(several times). That R1 needed a lesson lol. After beating all the 600 bikes many times they didn't want to race me anymore lol. I was hoping for more R6 to show up and represent but I was the only one. I held it down for the Yamaha's and R6's for sure.

I found the rpm's and the clutch work and I was dialing some good times. Oh and this was on stock tires dunlop qualifiers. Stock height and everything. I did no burnout because I didn't think I needed to. What's funny is ALL the bikes I raced did burnouts lol. I still beat them :)

My best was:
ET: 7.35
Mph: 103.44
60ft: 1.98

I was consistant 7.4's and 7.5's. I was stoke to have ran 7.3 because my goal was 7.4. Woohooo!

Not bad for 1st time on the strip. Launching for the 1st 60ft was the key. I know I could get better on that with more practice with the clutch and pull a faster ET. I will go back in 2 weeks. My new goal is between 7.0 - 7.2. Can't wait :)

Video is below all the pictures. Enjoy :)

Gotta love the PUMA classic shoes :)

My 7.35sec Run Video Here:

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
nice race boots :sing

honestly though... good to see that you made it to a track.. looks like fun

·
Banned
3,295 Posts
I knew those wore Puma's! I bet that suede got fckd. But nice bike man, your shit is top notch.

edit: And im diggng the Nike check. seriously

and no ****, but are those Levi Jeans?

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I knew those wore Puma's! I bet that suede got fckd. But nice bike man, your shit is top notch.

edit: And im diggng the Nike check. seriously

and no ****, but are those Levi Jeans?
Haha thanks guys! the Suede on my Puma high top shoes did not get fckd up one bit. How you may ask?... I taped the gear lever with athletic tape. The ones you can get from your college athletic trainers or in sports stores. Just tape the lever couple rounds and all your shoes is safe :)

Yeah and that nike swoosh on my tank turn out so HOT! Its by far my favorite exterior mod lol. It really is :)

·
Banned
3,295 Posts
Haha thanks guys! the Suede on my Puma high top shoes did not get fckd up one bit. How you may ask?... I taped the gear lever with athletic tape. The ones you can get from your college athletic trainers or in sports stores. Just tape the lever couple rounds and all your shoes is safe :)

Yeah and that nike swoosh on my tank turn out so HOT! Its by far my favorite exterior mod lol. It really is :)
Great idea. I did that to my lever as well. Electrical tape though :lmao

Good stuff.

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and those Jeans are NOTW. "Not Of This World"

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ thanks man.

Video should be up in a few mintues.

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love the red/white setup you got. You're bike is actually the background on my computer. haha
Lol thanks man! Which pic are you using? Not sure if you have the recent paint job one.......?

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^ Nice find! I like the white/red ones. I wouldn't mind getting those. But 1st I have my eyes the Puma Flat 2 v2.

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought the same thing. lol

1/8th mile? booooooooooooooooooo 1/4 mile homey!

-Ant.
Hey the rules said boots or shoes that cover the ankles. So my shoes fit the descritions perfectly lol

I wish it was 1/4 homey but it ain't :( I gotta make my way to LA they have A cpl 1/4 track. With my 1/8 time I can see myself doing very low 11's. 11.2 or 11.1. Maybe dip under 11 if I get an awsome 60ft and go thru the gears perfect toping mph between 125-128. I mean this in my stock setup right now. Hopefully I can get to a 1/4 track in 2-3 weeks.
I can't wait :)

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
1/8 mile is more about the rider/driver. 1/4mile adds in the power of the vehicle. I haven't been able to get to my track...and it's like 10 miles away. lol. an approved NHRA track too. Too lazy. Congrats btw.

-Ant.

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1/8 mile is more about the rider/driver. 1/4mile adds in the power of the vehicle. I haven't been able to get to my track...and it's like 10 miles away. lol. an approved NHRA track too. Too lazy. Congrats btw.

-Ant.
Man you fckn lucky its only 10mile away from you! Lol. I gotta travel 2hrs or so to get toa quarter mile track! I gotta strap my bike to my truck and drive up there :(

Thanks, I had a blast racing:toocool:

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
nice job. :cheers... keep showing everybody that the "R", stands for respect

1 - 20 of 33 Posts