Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody close to Mongomery AL this weekend can catch the Prostar race. Looking forward to see what Orient Express is doing to their R6 to make them so fast. ITs a stock 600 that runs 9s in the quarter.

Blade

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I did I talked to the guy from Orient Express and all they do is keep the bike on the dyno and find areas where they are making friction. Then they just take it way. The rule book says they can't do engine work and they have to use stock parts. So they use creamic bearings and such. They also blueprint the engine. The yamaha guy went out in the semi. He can still win the championship in Gainesville. Check Out Dragbike.com for updates. I think blueprinting goes for about 1500. Well worth it if you into speed.

Blade

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Ya, I'm sure balancing and blueprinting are a huge part of it if they have to use stock parts. Do they sell any of their ceramic bearings or such friction reducing things?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He wouldn't tell me but I'm sure any speed shop would know where to find them. I forgot to add the most important thing. The rider is a pro.

Blade

1 - 6 of 6 Posts