Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to the local yamaha dealer today about which jet kits works good for my bike. He said, since I dont have full exhuast they can drill out my "fuel screws" and that they have had great results with this. Has anyone heard of this. Is it worth getting done or should I just get a jet kit? It will cost me about $120 all together.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Id be wary about a dealer drilling out anything out on my bike, especially something like that.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
He probably means drilling out the cover to the stock fuel screw, so it can be adjusted. they cover them so people can't adjust the jetting (in otherwords) can't make the bike less environmentally friendly. And tey are set fairly lean from the factory to get low emissions, richening htem up a tad never hurts.

that's alot of money to remove plugs and turn the fuel screw out a 1/4 turn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its $120 because of the the task of getin to the fuel mixture screws drilling out the caps and ajusting the screws is a snap its gettin their is another thing, if you feel comfortable pulling of your carberators i suggest you do this your self if not, hand out the bucks who someone who does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts