Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
finally going to replace the stock sprockets and chain, I want a steel rear sprocket for longevity, and came across this kit going to go -1 +2
http://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=17914&cat=270&page=1

Anyone have any opinions on that kit? good/bad?
Just bought a kit from them last week for my bike. Looks great and definitely save some weight by going to a 520 chain. I have heard good things from other people on the kit too.

If you plan on installing it yourself, be sure to have a chain breaker/rivet tool. You can get the job done without the tools if you have to, but they make life much easier.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,630 Posts
It's a great chain kit if you want lightweight and longevity. The stealth and drive systems superlight steel chain kits are about 1 pound heavier then a full hard anodized alum rear sprocket chain kit like the Driven chain kit. But they will last much longer with a full steel rear sprocket. You should get the same mileage as stock if taken care of. The drive systems is about 1 ounces less weight then the Stealth chain kit, but that's splitting hairs. Both are the best kits out there if you want longevity out of your chain kit. Definitely go with the ek mvxz, ek zzz, or rk gxw chains though. No point in long lasting sprockets with a crappy chain. Those chains are the strongest ones out there and have the best wear life indicator on them.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill be going with a EK MVXZ, just have to decide if i want red or black. These come with rivet style master links correct?
I looked around the site for ordering an extra master link just encase, but i didnt see anything

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,746 Posts
i just ordered the same thing from another site on here (Disco) for the same price cant wait to get it on my chain has 21k on it

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,746 Posts
my chain has 19K on it, time to finally change it
yeah i should have done mine back then too but i didnt and waiting now my shits looping all over the place

·
Track=Cocaine
13,515 Posts
Yeah I ride with Jay ^^^, his chain is fcuked! Big time... I ordered from Disco too! Should have mine today! Great guy, great price, and a great product... Got black driven sprockets and a red chain! Its gonna look nuts!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.