Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.motomummy.com/store/home.php?cat=496
Click above for more information

The center adjuster comes in a variety of different colors.
The footpegs have the option to add a delrin slider (sold separately).
Click above for more information.

We saw these in person when touring Driven's facility and I must say they are some of the most sturdy rearsets I have ever seen. Soon we'll have every replacement part available on our website as well.

·
Just passing through.
453 Posts
Those are some nice looking rearsets! pricey, but damn do they look good.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The nice thing is that the replacement parts will be very readily available. Along with some other upgrades you can do the rearsets like the delrin pucks. I have the delrin pucks on my bike and it's a slick design. They are probably the most advanced rearsets on the market right now.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
They are not as lightweight as others as they are made to not flex and be crash resistant. When I was at their shop we saw them testing them and let me tell you these are solid. Rearsets you want to be solid more so then worrying about the weight. The delrin optional ends in the footpegs are proof as to how they are trying to make them crash resistant. They made out of the same material as others so to be honest all rearsets are within about 1.5 pounds of each other. It's non rotational weight so it's not that important, but crash resistance and no flex on them is very important with rearsets. Along with adjustability which these are the most adjustable out there next to the Gilles VCR's which are not available for the R6 :(

Another main feature they were trying to get was the least amount of parts and to have many parts universal. This makes it easier to keep replacement parts on the shelf and for dealers to stock them so you can get replacement parts the quickest. They have the least amount of parts compared to every other manufacturer out there. The reason is that most parts are universal. Another nice feature is that because most parts are universal if you purchase another bike you can by just a few replacement parts and then mount them on the new bike.

Driven really did their homework on these :fact

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a picture of the replacement delrin end caps for the footpegs. These can be purchased separately. We have these on our bike. I'm not sure why nobody else has thought of this before, but it's a great design.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
The nice thing is that the replacement parts will be very readily available. Along with some other upgrades you can do the rearsets like the delrin pucks. I have the delrin pucks on my bike and it's a slick design. They are probably the most advanced rearsets on the market right now.

I'm not surprised to hear you say that. :rolleyes:

Wasn't it you that told me that sliders were pretty much useless, and they were just something else to snap off or catch pavement and flip the bike around?

You definitely said it best with this one though... "people will buy all kinds of sliders, even if they don't do any good".

FWIW, I like the rearsets.. Just not how you go about pitching your products-- but we've been through that before too.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
No disrespect to Driven, but no they are not... :fact

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only rearsets I believe I would say have more features and may be more advanced were some ducati rearsets made in TX a few years back. But last I knew they dropped the product line? Other then that imo these are pretty much up way up there and for a pretty good price for what you get.

No disrespect to Driven, but no they are not... :fact

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yah. Hopefully the price of materials doesn't keep going up. Between that and the fall of the dollar it's not help the cost of manufacturers or even importing the high end stuff. Hopefully akra/leo do not take any price hikes this year as well. I think the dollar is holding steady right now, but for the past few years it's been brutal with all the price hikes. As much as it sucks though...we still pay MUCH less then most everyone overseas. You would drop your jaw if you heard of the prices they pay for nearly all parts and even the bikes. As hard as it is to say it...we are actually lucky on the parts/bikes when it comes to prices.

·
My staff is a good one
100 Posts
The price on these is a little steep. Powder coating my current rear sets would probably be more cost effective. Obviously these have some more aggressive styling but honestly, my foot is going to be on it.

I'll take the price these cost and put it toward the Olson slip-on.

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
They are not as lightweight as others as they are made to not flex and be crash resistant. When I was at their shop we saw them testing them and let me tell you these are solid. Rearsets you want to be solid more so then worrying about the weight. The delrin optional ends in the footpegs are proof as to how they are trying to make them crash resistant. They made out of the same material as others so to be honest all rearsets are within about 1.5 pounds of each other. It's non rotational weight so it's not that important, but crash resistance and no flex on them is very important with rearsets. Along with adjustability which these are the most adjustable out there next to the Gilles VCR's which are not available for the R6 :(

Another main feature they were trying to get was the least amount of parts and to have many parts universal. This makes it easier to keep replacement parts on the shelf and for dealers to stock them so you can get replacement parts the quickest. They have the least amount of parts compared to every other manufacturer out there. The reason is that most parts are universal. Another nice feature is that because most parts are universal if you purchase another bike you can by just a few replacement parts and then mount them on the new bike.

Driven really did their homework on these :fact
Thanks for the info. They look pretty solid.

The Delrin ends are a good idea. I may see if I can construct something similar for mine.

What kind of strength are we talking though? I crashed at MotoGP last year, about 160 km/h with no crash nobs on the bike (PI is such a fast track I wasn't willing to risk flipping it), ground about 1/2 inch off my peg but didn't break anything.

Not trying to play up Gilles or be argumentative, but I'm pretty interested in how these are better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts