Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got the first and hopefully the last fall out of the way. Anyways i broke the left side handle bar right off. Does anyone have an idea on what it will cost for labor at the dealer??

2007 yamaha r6

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
So when you say you broke the left handlebar off, I'm assuming you mean the clip-on. I'm not sure what the dealership charges to get replace the clip-on, but I can tell you that replacing the clip-on isn't that hard to do. It requires about a medium mechanic skill level. Last, don't fret dropping your bike because we all have done it (or will do it). Good luck on getting her fixed back up.

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
my buddy and I were out riding today and he low sided at about 5 mph on gravel. this same exact thing happened on the right. Isn't yamaha at fault for making such CRAPPY bars?? That ridiculous. My bike (05) was laid down hard enough to crack the speedometer housing and all it did was bend the handlebar about 1/2" Why does just a drop completely break the clip-on off clean???

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
my buddy and I were out riding today and he low sided at about 5 mph on gravel. this same exact thing happened on the right. Isn't yamaha at fault for making such CRAPPY bars?? That ridiculous. My bike (05) was laid down hard enough to crack the speedometer housing and all it did was bend the handlebar about 1/2" Why does just a drop completely break the clip-on off clean???
clip ons like that are made so you can get into the true handle bar easier hence how easy they break... anyway what company made the lights around your front lights they look sick!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks alot for the feeback guys. So how would anyone recomend i go about this. The dealer wants 120 for the clip on with bar end and grip plus 90 for install. Do i have to remove the upper tripple clamp?? if so what are the tourqe specs... are the tourqe specs that important?? thanks

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
clip ons like that are made so you can get into the true handle bar easier hence how easy they break... anyway what company made the lights around your front lights they look sick!
Thanks man. Cleggs Innovations makes the Angel Eyes kit. I wouldnt go with anyone but Cleggs...they're by far the best.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
I had mine put in at the same time I got my dual light conversion kit done. A lot of people do it themselves... its very easy. If you have any questions about how to do it, let me know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts