Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just left home, and about a mile down the road i realized i forgot my backpack so I decided to turn around. I pulled down the driveway.

I decided to do a u-turn in the driveway before I got off. It's pretty tight so I stood up, leaned the bike over to the right and stood off center (like i do on my mx bikes).

Then, before I could even process anything, as I was straightening my bike up to stop, my body started falling fast to the right, along with my bike.

I tried to catch my bike before it hit, but it was too far leaned and it gently dropped. Only thing that made contact was the frame slider (sweet) and tires. So NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH anywhere!

Turns out my right peg just snapped in half, which caused me to go sideways.
How the hell did this happen?! Good thing I wasn't on the freeway standing on the pegs or something. :jacked

However, my leg is ****ED up! I'm guessing the weight of my foot hitting the ground and the inertia of the bike just put too my pressure on it. From my knee up to my hip, in the muscle and bone, it HURTS. I can barely put any weight on it at all. I took about 600mg of ibuprofin but it's starting to swell and I can't fall asleep form the pain.

I guess tomorrow I'm gonna go to the docs to have it checked out. I hope nothing's torn or broken. But if it is, I hope I get some sweet meds.

Just thought I'd share !

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+1 :lmao

Hope you heal up quick.

Looks like it time to get some Woodcraft rearsets:toocool:
I'd love to.. But I'm about to drive to south jersey then up to maine and then back to south jersey then back to school. That's about 50hrs of driving - in a gas guzzling ford V8 mustang geared and modded for anything but driving distances! Should cost a SHIT TON to do it. But hell, nothing beats a road trip with friends, alcohol, sex and music. Nothing else like roughing it out in nature either!

So money's tight! I'm thinking I'm gonna be riding easy on a stubby stock peg :lmao

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'd love to.. But I'm about to drive to south jersey then up to maine and then back to south jersey then back to school. That's about 50hrs of driving - in a gas guzzling ford V8 mustang geared and modded for anything but driving distances! Should cost a SHIT TON to do it. But hell, nothing beats a road trip with friends, alcohol, sex and music. Nothing else like roughing it out in nature either!

So money's tight! I'm thinking I'm gonna be riding easy on a stubby stock peg :lmao

Hey your bikes not a cell phone or a tampon:D quit dropping it:lmao

·
Registered
202 Posts
First, I hope everything is alright with your leg.

Second, you dropping your bike like this is a huge problem for a lot of people. I know so many people that have parked there bike only to turn around as it's falling. In fact about two weeks ago I was running Latigo Canyon and my buddy was right behind me...BAM fool goes down. I seen it in my rearview mirrors, but my buddy was to far ahead. Luckly, we all have chatter boxes and I told him. On our way back to see if my friend was alright I watch his bike (the one that just dropped) tip right over on it's right side. Now this is the ****ed up part, the left side of the bike was perfectly fine except for the Frame slider. The right side of the bike got scratches when it dropped! The freaking Frame slider snapped like a twig and aside from some scratches the clutch was bent to hell. I could go on with other mishaps of the same nature, but I'll let it be here. People got to be careful how they part there motorcycle.

·
I have short legs :(
98 Posts
Yep my 08 fell over just the other day in my drive way...wasnt even on it...very strange.
As it was my frame sliders have no came in the mail yet...go figure...did some good gashing and scratches....buy sliders and stop dropping...too easy to fall over.:mad:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man is it even possible to stop droppin your bike? I mean S**t happens. I have had three stand still drops (thank god no damage), but i know my luck will run out sooner or later :/. Hope the legs doin ok man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts