Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a company that makes the dual headlights like on the R1 for R6's?

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
here what im doing in a couple of weeks. i getting irritated at people yelling at me telling me one of my headlights are burnt....

convert both bulbs to socket H4 (dual filament)
rewire the factory harness for dual low beams and dual highs

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
That is probably what I will end up doing, just because it's easier.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here what im doing in a couple of weeks. i getting irritated at people yelling at me telling me one of my headlights are burnt....

ya i get the same problem one guy actually yelled at me haha but i really love the light set up on the R1 and i wanted to do angel eyes instead of the deamon eyes for the lights thats why i wanted the conversion

·
Registered
99 Posts

what year 6 do you have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have 07 r6. should be the same regardless of the year.

from my personal opinion. im not digging the the angel/daemon eyes crap. just looks too ricey! something a 16yo kid would do to his civic.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

from my personal opinion. im not digging the the angel/daemon eyes crap. just looks too ricey! something a 16yo kid would do to his civic.
really? u dont like the fact that at night they look mean as all hell?

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
Someone can make some cash if they made a kit. Wish I had more time on my hands.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
i think the angel eyes look sick as hell at night, especially if your lights are wired up not to turn on unless you want them to. its definately a very aggressive look when they are on. as for the dual headlights, i will be doing that as well when i get my hid's, i think it will be that extra touch that the front end needs

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think the angel eyes look sick as hell at night, especially if your lights are wired up not to turn on unless you want them to. its definately a very aggressive look when they are on. as for the dual headlights, i will be doing that as well when i get my hid's, i think it will be that extra touch that the front end needs
exactly thats why i need to figure out how to get the dual lights in there

·
Registered
99 Posts

03-05 r6 and 06-08 R6s have projector headlights. I was wondering because I tried the H4 conversion in the 05 projector assy. and was not happy with the light output. If you don't have the projector assy. then you might get better output. Also with the projectors you have to knock out the cut offs on the low side, which means baking your headlight and taking the projectors out. Just didn't want to see you go through the same trouble I did. Hope you have better luck than I did.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Try a search in the how to or sppearance & exterior mods section. I have seen these done before, but it takes a lot of fabbing.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
whats wrong with running the high beams on, you get both lights on:fact

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree with KeeBee. I am usless with stuff like this so if there was a kit i would be in.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
There are a couple of places that make kits. The only one I can remember is this one:
http://palehorsecycles.com/bmy_search.php?brand=Yamaha&model=YZF-R6&type=
Their kit is $140-150, and they will even install it for an extra $60 if you send in your headlights. But, the website seems to be slightly wonky right now... You may have to call them and talk to them in person.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts