Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopped by the Ducati dealer here in Salt Lake and checked out an 848. Now I want it... My bike is paid off and I could easily buy one. It is such a gorgeous bike. The price on them just went up to 13500 anyone know how much room they have as far as invoice and MSRP goes? I snapped a quick pic with my cell phone its horrible quality but you get the idea.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
im not impressed w/ it.
spend 2k more and get a 1098, more power better features, and they are in the same insurance bracket.

if i had the dough, there would be a 1098S in my garage too.
the new KTM RC8 is tempting too.

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
get it.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 848 just isnt enough of an improvement over a 600 for the price IMO.
it is a pantie dropper tho.
:werd

It is a Ducati though thats a huge inprovement over a 600. Im not looking for more power necessarily, just something kinda different. My abilities dont exceed the capabilities of the R6. But Im close.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
the 848 is really growing on me i love the white one but if i bring another bike home my mom is going to park them on the front lawn and give them away i already am getting crap for the r6 blocking the fridge

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 848 is really growing on me i love the white one but if i bring another bike home my mom is going to park them on the front lawn and give them away i already am getting crap for the r6 blocking the fridge
LOL and the MV?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
im not impressed w/ it.
spend 2k more and get a 1098, more power better features, and they are in the same insurance bracket.

if i had the dough, there would be a 1098S in my garage too.
the new KTM RC8 is tempting too.
Exactly what the Ducatii dealer told me when I was window shopping...of course they are just trying to make the extra dough but it does make sense w/all the extra features a 1098 comes with.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
Just stopped by the Ducati dealer here in Salt Lake and checked out an 848. Now I want it... My bike is paid off and I could easily buy one. It is such a gorgeous bike. The price on them just went up to 13500 anyone know how much room they have as far as invoice and MSRP goes? I snapped a quick pic with my cell phone its horrible quality but you get the idea.
Price increase is to accommodate sliding of dollar against Euro... :thumbdown Get one... you won't regret it... :fact
the 848 just isnt enough of an improvement over a 600 for the price IMO.
it is a pantie dropper tho.
Speculation, or have you ridden one???

Time to move out... that, or rent a separate garage...

im waiting for one of these...
preferably in white.

it looks sick in race trim too, this will be tearing it up in WSB next year.
I've already seen them in the flesh... I've got a deposit on one at the local dealer, just in case...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts