Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of the two ugly things on the R6. The mirrors and the blinkers. I'm interested in fitting a nice pair of Ducati mirrors that have the integrated blinkers on them. So 2 birds with one stone!

These are the mirrors I'm referring to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=LVI&its=D&otn=1&po=Op2&ps=5#ebayphotohosting

Does anyone know if these can fit, and how much of a pain is it to wire something like that?

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
Does anyone know if these can fit, and how much of a pain is it to wire something like that?
Mounting will be the hard part since there obviously not going to be a direct bolt in application. If they can be mounted (anything is possible), then wiring them up will be simple.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
aw man do those look sweet, thats pretty cheap too, maybe too cheap? idk.

not a direct bolt on for the 05 r6 though. mind you anything can be modified to fit. but id wanna take a look at them in persons before i commit to buying these.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's funny. I think I'll buy. They definitely would be an upgrade over the stocks.
PLEASE post pics when you have them installed and let us know how easy/difficult it was....the only reason i havent bought them was because i was iffy

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
theyre nice, and shouldnt be too hard to fit...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I actually just got mine today from jag motorcycles. I mocked them up on my bike and they fit pretty well. The LEDs are nice and bright and the overall finish and quality is pretty damn good for the price - better than I expected.

The mirror lens itself creates a little distortion, but it's not severe.

I'll post up pics if interested..

·
Registered
89 Posts
please post pics!!!!:toocool:

I actually just got mine today from jag motorcycles. I mocked them up on my bike and they fit pretty well. The LEDs are nice and bright and the overall finish and quality is pretty damn good for the price - better than I expected.

The mirror lens itself creates a little distortion, but it's not severe.

I'll post up pics if interested..

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Here's some pics I snapped off for you guys. It was pitch black out and I don't have the best lighting in the garage so you'll have to deal with the camera shake and poor exposure. I'll get better ones up tomorrow.. maybe with the windshield in place to give a better perspective.

You can see the right mirror is lit up. It was bright during the day, but in the dark it's REAL bright. Hell of a lot brighter than my hotbodies flushies.

And here's my dumbass dog.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So the seller told me that these will "absolutely will not fit an 03 R6". Yet it fits an 05? I'm not sure if he was just saying that to cover himself or not. Any fab work done at all? How is the vibration? I have been looking at these for a few months now, while trying to find some type of conversion bracket to allow '06 + mirrors to fit '03 - '05.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So the seller told me that these will "absolutely will not fit an 03 R6". Yet it fits an 05? I'm not sure if he was just saying that to cover himself or not. Any fab work done at all? How is the vibration? I have been looking at these for a few months now, while trying to find some type of conversion bracket to allow '06 + mirrors to fit '03 - '05.
I don't know what would be different from the 03 to the 05??? I've never seen any difference as to where the mirrors mount up - and the mirrors are pretty damn adjustable to fit a wide range of sizes. What part of rochester are you from?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts