·
Registered
831 Posts
Is what here yet?

Have you been drinking some of grandpa cough syrup? :drink

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hate when ppl post random ass stupid post........especially in this section.......you know there is a section that is just for that!!!

Jared
(sorry still mad about the bike)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stupid ass remark.

Well Jared,
skip the stupid ass bit
any experience with yoshimura pipes?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have never had one.....but have friends that do.........but its hard to tell that they have them cause my bike is so much louder I can hardly tell they have an aftermarket slip on.........I run a D and D.......Micron makes really good pipes as well. But you are going for good sound.....dont get Yoshi!!!

Jared

·
Registered
308 Posts
What about the performance from the yoshi? i have a rs-3 high mount that i've been too lazy to put on and i'm debating weither to put it on or get a new one because it came with the bike when i bought it.

Also does anyone know anything about the Devil high mount? It was recommended to me at a bike shop

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
argument about high mounts

And how valid is the argument that high mounts are not as good
since they are a bit more restricted in flow?

Yoshi? Hmm...
what about akraprovics?

·
Registered
52 Posts
high mounts are not good.....yes they look bad ass, but they give you less hp gain and they tend to be nowhere as loud.......think about it.........the stock mounting position of a standard pipe......in the mid-pipe there is not much bend.......when you go to high mount, you add much more bend.......and more restricted air flow= LESS HP!!

Devil makes a really good pipe.....but if I was you I would stay away from high mount.......esp. if you are looking to a substancial hp gain!

Jared

·
Registered
308 Posts
As for sound on a yoshi rs 3, I just sliped on the yoshi pipe to see what it sounded like. it sounded pretty damn good. i dont know how it compares to any other pipe but its not bad. My friend has it on his 600gixxer and he's pretty satisfied with it as well.

Oh yeah... just posted some pics in images/members section

·
Registered
831 Posts
YZFR62K3 said:
.......when you go to high mount, you add much more bend.......and more restricted air flow= LESS HP!!
This is a little misleading. An engine needs back pressure just as much as it needs free flowing exhaust. So if the header is designed to flow very well, and the engine requires a good amout of back pressure, a high mount could balance out the system.

So the question is are most full systems with high mount mid pipes just that? A header designed for a low mount, fitted with a high mount mid pipe? This would decrease the flow and hinder potential gains.

But if the whole system was designed as a high mount, I am sure the engineers could make it flow as well as a standard mount. Maybe this is why high mounts cost more? Or because the are so popular?

Either way I am still stuck with a stock exhaust for now. :mrgreen: I think I am going to go with a medium mount. Where the exhasut tip points up toward the rear point of the bike like this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
titanium or carbon?

Pardon me for being such a newbie.
What are the pros and cons of Titanium versus Carbon Fibre?

·
Registered
52 Posts
are there any??? Ti tends to change in color when it gets hot....looks pretty sweet........but carbon fiber will not get hot.....so its really good if you are going to have a passenger a lot....they cant get burnt.......Ti might weigh a little less......

Jared

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think Titanium will out last carbon fiber. I have seen a lot of carbon can start flaking around the ends of the cans. Where the metal actually connects to the carbon fiber seems to have the biggest problem.

Carbon doesn't get hot, but the end cap sure does. I burt the crap out of my leg on my cousins gsx-r600 with an M4 carbon pipe. I was sitting ont he bike and pushing it with my feet. Then my right calf touched the pipe where the carbon connects. OUCH...SHIT!!!!!! :cuss Man that hurt. I still have a good burn mark.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how bout air filters?

If I get an aftermarket pipe, u guys recommend getting an air filter as well? I am looking at K&N but not sure whether I should bother.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.