Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Hey, does anyone know where I can get a deul filament front turn signal? i dont mind if it protrudes a bit. also i would like to get a black windscreen, and i read about someone painting it black with spray paint? what do you guys think of that? also is the windscreen easy to take off and on?? thanks!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Paint it black! Take your time and use lots of thin coats and it'll look just as good as a bought windscreen. I debated on dual filaments as well, but decided my headlight was good enough to be seen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to paint it black after reading some other postings, but i realized that there is a clear sticker on the windscreen and if i try to remove it there will be gunk left, and if i try to paint over it...well, it will look ghetto...but thanks!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I just left my sticker on. Your talking about that faded black sticker with the yami logo on it right? I painted right over mine and it looks good, you can't even tell it's there until you see the yami logo. But it's your bike. Do what you think looks good, not what others tell you :cheers

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
if you're into racing i'd just get a new screen. if you paint it, you won't be able to see through it during a full tuck. my 2¢

·
Registered
283 Posts
You dont need to pull any stickers off. Just a quick cllean and lots of thin coats.

Cost $2 for a can of matte black.

Not sure about you rubbernecked giraffe looking MF's but there is no way i can get down far ewnough to see through the screen with a helmet on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
just painted mine tonight, looks alot better now! i'll post pics tommorrow, right now its raining. hey cral42, what kind of flushmounts are those?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Cant remember what type of flushmounts. Found them in a local store here in Australia. Only $20.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Them flushies look like my LP flushmounts. Medium size, and single filament. I like them cause they're bright and i can be seen. Being seen on a bike is #1 in my books.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Dizout!!! being seen is #1.i will be seen, or i will be heared... screaming like a bitch when i get t-boned by the soccer mom on her cell phone in the suv

1 - 12 of 12 Posts