Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Girls, i weight about 155lbs without gear on. i'm new to the track, but i've been advancing quite fast. I have dunlop Q3's and it just doesn't seam that i can get an answer on this. so cold temp on the track i start at 30/30, right off the track what should my base line be? I'm getting tire warmers this winter so next year, i'll be running them. i've only found cold temps, but no one can tell me what it should be hot? Hopefully people with Q3 experience on the Track please, not the street can help me out. Thank you in advance

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
I weight the same and start 30/30. Hot off track they rise to 32. Mid int pace and they stick good and wear good

·
2 > 4
156 Posts
I have always been told you should gain 2-5 lbs when hot. I don't run the Q3's but have used the 211GP and I usually see about 2-3 lbs growth. Pretty much every street tire I have ever used though I just start at 30F/28R and adjust for personal preference.

I have heard you can run the Q3s rather low because of the stiffer carcass and know guys that are running 28F and 25-26R with success. That seems low to me but, again, this is personal preference to an extent. You can run any pressure between cold and hot tearing. There is some room in the middle for rider preference.

Thread from some guys that run at my local track discussing different setups: http://pnwriders.com/track-time/188413-dunlop-q2-3-track-pressures.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts