Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im going to post here because, i made the mistake of not going to buyer and seller feedback.
here is my experience with this dustin guy... so take it how you would think.

First email: (by me)
"Hello I'm interested in buying your mid-pipe for the 06-07 r6. If you can let me know how to go about to get one that would be great.
my contact number is 3107824951. ". <To dustin to order the midpipe>

Reply: (from Dustin)
"you can make a payment of $260 through paypal.com to email address [email protected]"

So i make the payment.

Reply: (from Dustin)
"thank you for your payment for the r6 mid pipe your order has been placed ill get back to you with a ship date and tracking number"

Thanks
Dustin

A few days go by and still no tracking number.... so i post on this forum and people tell me that he is kinda like that. but does send it. I send him a couple of email saying where is the eta on my part or tracking number.? but still no response. however another member tells me of mjsperformance. so i email....

Email > Saad Ahmed to dustin
show details Apr 12 (2 days ago)

Dustin its me saad again. You know what I don't have anyone to install the midpipe and am going to go with a full system instead. Please refund the money back to the paypal account aside from any fee that you might have had to acrue thanks."

and he replies.

"sorry its not that easy, that payment has already been past on to the manufacturer to place the order. "

After that i figured you know what it doesn't even matter at least he replied to ONE of my emails. ah well i will just deal with the pipe and get it installed somewhere and be cool with it.

but i send him another email.

Ok then if that's the case what would the eta be? Do you have an idea, alright... So i take it that you don't manufacture them...?"

After that email i just got one from him that sent me through the roof, i dont know if i should be mad or not. but maybe i can use some member input....

from dustin:

no, i designed, fabricate and do all the testing on a part then send it to one of the biggest exhaust manufacturers in the country to actually put it into production. i spoke with them today and they are back ordered for two to three weeks"

WTF!!!!???????
does that make sense. i just sent him this:
If they are back ordered then i do not see any reason to see why you cannot refund me my money.... thats bad business. You could of told me that when i had emailed you the first time. and it would of made a big difference in my decision as to whether i would purchase it or not...

wtf????"

I mean is it that complicating. and it took him almost a week to tell me it has been backordered...

well it was just 260 bucks, even though im mad. i never saw any feedback from him. and i know a lot of people are liking the midpipe mod or what not, maybe its just me.
but you guys should see this email so you know first hand how this guy operates his business....

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess.... who knows but reading those email would you believe im in the wrong for being mad or unhappy?

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
yea...i would be pissed too. No offence, but i went with www.mjsperformance.com and he was awsome about everything. Even when i made my order a couple weeks ago, he told me its on backorder BEFORE I BOUGHT IT. He also told me he had some parts coming in , in about a week. So i said ok lets do this.. an you know what? I made the wrong payment an within MINUTES, and i mean minutes he emialed me back sayin wrong payment an did a refund within the same HOUR!! Anyways, i ended up gettin my BACKORDERED midpipe yesterday. 5 STAR QUALITY SERVICE

p.s. He also threw in a FREE o2 Sensor plug so when i install my PC3 i can plug the hole where the o2 sensor would go :)

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
^ im sorry man but that thing is ugly as hell... who wants black headers??

Isnt Dustin and mjperformance.com the same guy anyway??????????????

sorry to tell you man, thats what you get when you deal with non legit companies like that... if you would have ordered from a real company you would not have that problem. end of story.

Oh and the o2 bunge, that is FREE with evey system you buy... Not an added bonus

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
^ im sorry man but that thing is ugly as hell... who wants black headers??

Isnt Dustin and mjperformance.com the same guy anyway??????????????

sorry to tell you man, thats what you get when you deal with non legit companies like that... if you would have ordered from a real company you would not have that problem. end of story.

Oh and the o2 bunge, that is FREE with evey system you buy... Not an added bonus
You know NVK I am a nice guy but you just keep going on and on and on trashing my product and I must say, dude get a life, you live on here to promote a full system leo vince this and leo vince that! Yeah it is a nice product that they produce we get it!

I am sure and I know I am not the only one on here who is tired of your ramping on and on about this. NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD IT SO STOP ALREADY!

I am not a legit company? How come I do this full time?

And no Dustin is not me my name is Mike! And that we are not the same company!

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yo mike You still doing those, i'm going to end up going through you. i just need to figure out how to take my headers off. is there anyway i can purchase your header for the regular price you were selling it for. and ill send you my header for free. im losing patience and just want some headers already. as far as leo vince. im sure they did a lot of R&D into there system. but isnt that system like 1300 or so bucks?
well that almost 10% of the bike. from an investment standpoint i don't see the logic of me myself investing that kind of money into my bike....

so mike could that be possible?????? help me out.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Trashing your product? If i was doing that you probably would have read Its an ugly painted booger welded piece of metal. You see me mention LeoVince in here anywhere? No, i do however promote it because unlike these guys, i am VERY happy with my product... Thats what happens when you satisfy a customer, they promote it and refer people your way. in my career of sales, thats #1... not sure you are on the same boat, maybe you are looking for that almighty paycheck only.

You are talking on a thread thats not about you, i didnt directly say yours was shit, ... This thread is about dustins mid pipe and service, not mjsperformance.

I never once judged your character, i dont care if your nice or an asshole, i personally as well as other people am tired of hearing people get screwed and be unhappy with a crappy piece of metal that is label "aftermarket" or an "upgrade".

I have a career and its not ripping people off, sorry i voice my opinion when i am on my computer, isnt that what forums are for anyway, feedback?

I am not here to argue with you over the internet, we all know how cool that is and didnt intend to bash your product, its their right to know what to expect when dealing with "smaller" companies...

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Yo mike You still doing those, i'm going to end up going through you. i just need to figure out how to take my headers off. is there anyway i can purchase your header for the regular price you were selling it for. and ill send you my header for free. im losing patience and just want some headers already. as far as leo vince. im sure they did a lot of R&D into there system. but isnt that system like 1300 or so bucks?
well that almost 10% of the bike. from an investment standpoint i don't see the logic of me myself investing that kind of money into my bike....

so mike could that be possible?????? help me out.
Yes I am still making them I just have 1 more back order to fill and then I will be back on track. If you would like to place an order I will let you and I will fill you in on the date to expect it on. I have some coming in this week.

I wouldn't and don't spend $1300.00 on any exhaust! yeah they are nice looking and work well but no thanks!

Look forward to doing business!

Mike

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i need an exhaust header. i dont wanna spend alot so mike aside from nvk can you do it for me????

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Trashing your product? If i was doing that you probably would have read Its an ugly painted booger welded piece of metal. You see me mention LeoVince in here anywhere? No, i do however promote it because unlike these guys, i am VERY happy with my product... Thats what happens when you satisfy a customer, they promote it and refer people your way. in my career of sales, thats #1... not sure you are on the same boat, maybe you are looking for that almighty paycheck only.

You are talking on a thread thats not about you, i didnt directly say yours was shit, ... This thread is about dustins mid pipe and service, not mjsperformance.

I never once judged your character, i dont care if your nice or an asshole, i personally as well as other people am tired of hearing people get screwed and be unhappy with a crappy piece of metal that is label "aftermarket" or an "upgrade".

I have a career and its not ripping people off, sorry i voice my opinion when i am on my computer, isnt that what forums are for anyway, feedback?

I am not here to argue with you over the internet, we all know how cool that is and didnt intend to bash your product, its their right to know what to expect when dealing with "smaller" companies...
Ok well on your other 700 posts you mention leo vince! NOT ONE PERSON ON HERE HAS BEEN SCREWED BY ME! And the only one who trashes my product is you! Everyone else promotes my product, you should know that you reply to every single one of them!

You're right everyone should know how others deal with their customers and as you can see people like the way I deal with them or they would say otherwise! Dustin should have mentioned to him they were not going to be able to do anything and that is poooooor business IMO!

But I deal with people in the manner I would want to be treated!

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Well i need an exhaust header. i dont wanna spend alot so mike aside from nvk can you do it for me????
Yes I can do it for you! Look forward to the business!

Mike

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
if you are going the mid pipe route, go with Mike's... Its not that his isnt the best, the idea of a midpipe isnt a good one, plain and simple. His has been tried and tested and for what it is, it works. That and you can see, at least he has good customer service adn is more then willing to back his product up.

You can get full systems for $800 i invite you to look into those first, you get what you pay for and your bike knows that better then anyone.

either way, we are all here for the love of the 6 and i dont mean to bash anyones product, business, or anything.

i am going to get back to work now, gotta make that skrilla.

Mike - no hard feelings man :cheers

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
if you are going the mid pipe route, go with Mike's... Its not that his isnt the best, the idea of a midpipe isnt a good one, plain and simple. His has been tried and tested and for what it is, it works. That and you can see, at least he has good customer service adn is more then willing to back his product up.

You can get full systems for $800 i invite you to look into those first, you get what you pay for and your bike knows that better then anyone.

either way, we are all here for the love of the 6 and i dont mean to bash anyones product, business, or anything.

i am going to get back to work now, gotta make that skrilla.

Mike - no hard feelings man :cheers
No Hard feelings at all man, I am laid back I just got alittle upset :lmao

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
MJSperformance, I personally love what you got going with the full header set up, but i've made alot of intake setups and exhaust setups for cars and i don't like how your exhaust is a bunch of straight pieces welded together, no mandrel bending at all. not saying it's bad, hell i'm thinking of buying one in the future when i get enough money, I'm just saying it could be better.

I doubt those harsh bends reduce efficiency enough to notice anyways. but when i do get enough money prolly next yr or two, i would be willing to pay extra for a mandrel bent system. that's the only thing in my opinion that is better about dustins mid pipe, is that is mandrel bent, but looks like his welds are kinda sloppy on the inside of the pipe.

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
also hey mike quick question. dustin is refunding my money. honest man from the get go. however im not verified on paypal yet does that mean i cannot take payments??? or send them.

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
also hey mike quick question. dustin is refunding my money. honest man from the get go. however im not verified on paypal yet does that mean i cannot take payments??? or send them.
Verified just means that your CC matches your address. You can still send and take payments.

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
330 Posts
Concerning the original post-I would extremely unhappy if a purchase went like that. I am very glad you informed us of such TERRIBLE service. I'll know to stay away...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts