Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to all the san diego riders. I have a friend that can dyno and custom map your pcIII for 150 if we get at least four riders at a time to go in and do it. He also does custom suspension for around 20. Miceleb and myself are looking to do begining of june to june 12( I need to wait on some parts.) If anyone else is game let me know. If the first four spots get taken up one day thats ok we can just scheduel another day as spots fill up. He also does exhaust fabrication work as well if you are interested.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know i was just glad I met him. Cool guy too and very honest even lets you on the bike while he is dynoing and will adjust it to your riding style. Im telling all my friends that have 600s first , I figure after we start giving the slower riders on 1000s a lil supprise on the twisties then ill let em in on our secret, lol.

·
Registered
263 Posts
wow when i originally read the title of the thread i thought was going to be a bad thing I've got a guy right here around town that will dyno my bike and make a custom map for $40.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Im here in Ontario an the guy im takin mine too its $150 just by myself. Theres another place in Toronto... that i was gonna go too... but they wanted $350 +tax ... F THAT!!

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well 40 is good but that doesnt sound feasable for a job that if done right will take a few hrs. But hey if you found a professional mechanic that gets hired on on the track as well to work for 10 dollars an hr thats great- even better if the mech was a brazillian swim team model as well ;) Yeah 350 hurts i think thats about avg maybe a lil high for pro dyno and maps- they can take upto 6 hrs depending on your bike.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well 40 is good but that doesnt sound feasable for a job that if done right will take a few hrs. But hey if you found a professional mechanic that gets hired on on the track as well to work for 10 dollars an hr thats great- even better if the mech was a brazillian swim team model as well ;) Yeah 350 hurts i think thats about avg maybe a lil high for pro dyno and maps- they can take upto 6 hrs depending on your bike.
www.fastbikesusa.com

I've seen alot of built bikes come out of there, really high quality, never any complaints.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well that doesnt tell me the price nor quality. but as i said hey if they are pros and will do a 3 to 6 hr ttune and map on ur bike with the dyno then get it, id jump at that if we had something equivalent here .

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
(before i say anything i wanna let ya know, i still have the o2 sensor hooked up)

Got my 07 R6 dyno'd today!! And after 3 hours of fiddling around with it... came out with actually not even using a map lol The guy set it all to zero's an let the ecu take over an create one or something. I dunno. But it feels alot better then the other maps we try'd. with a couple of other runs i was makin about 105 hp but now im about 110 hp with the map starting from all zero's. The tuner told me "PCIII pretty much not needed on the new model bikes, as they have a learning ECU with an o2 sensor. Your PCIII can only be told what to do an thats it, an use that map u have at all times. It wont learn or correct anything if needed on the go. ( unless u change it hour after hour or day by day obviously) Where as the ECU learns an changes as u ride it. So, we kept everything hooked up an let the ECU an PCIII work together, instead of fighting eachother with a map an the o2 sensor pluged in. The way i am running it, i feel its pretty damn crisp.

I know some ppl are gonna say well unplug the o2 sensor an then try.. and i will once i have more time. And he said if im unhappy with our 2 hours of fiddling around with it an stuff i can come back an put a new map in an unplug the o2 sensor for nothing. SO i have no worries.

I will post some graph charts asap

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
The Blue is the run with no map... all at zero's... the others were with a map.

Im going to take her back in a week or 2 an see exactly what she makes in hp. As the tuner said give it an hour of riding or some street riding an let it learn how u ride. It would only get better. ( So this grpahs show about 108 hp, an thats with no real riding)

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well from what i have heard assuming you leave the o2 sensor in with a pcIII it can compensate a little. And my friend you may be lucky for I dont think most peoples bikes turn out like that. My buddie has the same set up as you and it ran like crap with stock mapping or with out the pcIII. It prob depends on your elevation and general temp and luck of the draw, lol.. But hey if you would like to sell me your pcII ill take it ;)

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
well from what i have heard assuming you leave the o2 sensor in with a pcIII it can compensate a little. And my friend you may be lucky for I dont think most peoples bikes turn out like that. My buddie has the same set up as you and it ran like crap with stock mapping or with out the pcIII. It prob depends on your elevation and general temp and luck of the draw, lol.. But hey if you would like to sell me your pcII ill take it ;)
It is running with my PCIII thou lol its still connected. We just reseted it to all Zero's an let the ECU make the map or something i forget what he said but it was something around that.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh ok that makes sense. i suppose ill dyno mine and try both ways

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Just disconnext my 02 sensor an put in a different map an dang lol what a difference!! lol F that 02 sensor...im dumb for ever keeping it in lol

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bump
still looking for more people that want to get a tune, we also might be having a dyno shoot out here in sd at a local parts store.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts