Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im kinda new to the awsome yamaha world so i was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm running a 06' 50th aniversiary r6 with smog block offs. a full 2bros exhaust, and a pc3 does anyone have an estimated power measurment on that or a dyno chart that they could send me? I really appreciate any help:toocool:

·
I got yami blue balls
565 Posts
Hi im kinda new to the awsome yamaha world so i was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm running a 06' 50th aniversiary r6 with smog block offs. a full 2bros exhaust, and a pc3 does anyone have an estimated power measurment on that or a dyno chart that they could send me? I really appreciate any help:toocool:
Brown noser! :)
I have a 2007 with full exhaust and PCII, my dyno was 110hp and like 44ft/lbs??...so youre probably really close to that

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
is this some new way to brag to friends about hp without a dyno sheet? :D

s3aturnr

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Here is my bike:

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124836

Note that Ducati said to add 7-10hp to correct the drum weight issue. So around 105-108 hp, 49-52 tq

Just got back from Ducati of Indianapolis not too long ago after having my bike mapped and tuned.

2003 R6
Performance Mods:
Vortex 16/48 520 Chain Conversion
EK 520MVXZ Chain
Carbon fiber Arkapovic slip on exhaust
Power Commander III
Tuned map
K&N Highflow Air
NGK Plugs
Professional reflector removal

Ducati notified me that their Dyno runs extremely low.. Apparently DynoJet sent them the wrong weight in the roller drum. Said to tack on 7-10hp for correction.

Before:
Run conditions - 84.36 degrees, 29.38 in-Hg, 17% humidity

Max Hp: 96.54
Max Tq: 41.20

After: (Vs stock 08 R6)
Run conditions (03 R6) - 84.36 degrees, 29.38 in-Hg, 17% humidity
Run conditions (08 R6) - 48.51 degrees, 29.34 in-Hg, 42% humidity

Max Hp (03 R6): 98.77
Max Tq (03 R6): 42.15

Max Hp (08 R6): 104.38
Max Tq (08 R6): 41.64

Conclusion: :toocool:
Looking pretty good to me. Pretty much thumps the 08 where it needs to. Not to mention the 08 was dyno'd in nearly 40 degrees cooler weather :sing

Couldn't be happier with it!

·
B4B
6,864 Posts
I hope this isn't for a comparison to your bike. If someone on here had the exact same bike as you and mods your hp could be totally different!!

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Mine produced 108 hp to the rear wheel. that was before I installed the velocity stacks and the +6 ignition advancer. I imagine mine is pulling at least 108 still...........

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
I always add 7-10 hp/Lbs to any dyno chart I post of my bike as well :D

I have a full system and all the goodies on mine and it gets 20-300 hp and 40-500lbs torque too :D jk
:confused::screwy

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
Stock '06 will pull around 105HP. My '06 with a full Akra Evo and BMC filter pulled 113 after being custom mapped at a race shop who sponsor CCS racers. I would say you should be around the 108 to 110HP mark if it's fully mapped properly.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
could be all over, depends on the dyno.....
My 07 R6 with SS motor(mild) made 106 hp on a Superflow 250 dyno. This guy has been an AMA crew chief since 99' and he said his dyno reads very low. I was really surprised, dissapointed....figured it was going to make 10hp over a stocker with the same mods.
When he overlayed the dyno with a stock one with the same mods I did beat it by a few hp but not a whole lot, on his dyno a stock motor bike with similar mods only made 103hp.

All depends on the dyno, my bike could've made 130hp on a dyno but it really doesn't tell you anything until you have something to compare it to. If my bike made 130hp on said dyno a stocker would get 127 hp.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thank everyone for the help i was trying to get a ballpark summary of the power of my bike. Oh and if anybody lives near Ft Bragg and wants to do some riding some time let me know we usually do a sunday ride every weekend

1 - 11 of 11 Posts