Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Ducati of Indianapolis not too long ago after having my bike mapped and tuned.

2003 R6
Performance Mods:
Vortex 16/48 520 Chain Conversion
EK 520MVXZ Chain
Carbon fiber Arkapovic slip on exhaust
Power Commander III
Tuned map
K&N Highflow Air
NGK Plugs
Professional reflector removal

Ducati notified me that their Dyno runs extremely low.. Apparently DynoJet sent them the wrong weight in the roller drum. Said to tack on 7-10hp for correction.

Before:
Run conditions - 84.36 degrees, 29.38 in-Hg, 17% humidity

Max Hp: 96.54
Max Tq: 41.20

After: (Vs stock 08 R6)
Run conditions (03 R6) - 84.36 degrees, 29.38 in-Hg, 17% humidity
Run conditions (08 R6) - 48.51 degrees, 29.34 in-Hg, 42% humidity

Max Hp (03 R6): 98.77
Max Tq (03 R6): 42.15

Max Hp (08 R6): 104.38
Max Tq (08 R6): 41.64

Conclusion: :toocool:
Looking pretty good to me. Pretty much thumps the 08 where it needs to. Not to mention the 08 was dyno'd in nearly 40 degrees cooler weather :sing

Couldn't be happier with it!

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Awesome!! I need to get a dyno tune/readout...Im curious

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The 08 6 is always win:flex:
Lol yeah, I've wanted an 08 for awhile

Measured everything out, had 5-7hp consistently up on the 08 from 4k-11k. From 11k-13k I had about 3hp up. Then I dropped off :(

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much does a dyno cost
Depends on where you go, and how many pulls you do. Or if you're doing mapping.

For me...I got the hookup. But most places are around $200-$300 for a custom map, and if you just want numbers, like $30-$50 per pull. Around here anyways

·
OPDS9091
213 Posts
Depends on where you go, and how many pulls you do. Or if you're doing mapping.

For me...I got the hookup. But most places are around $200-$300 for a custom map, and if you just want numbers, like $30-$50 per pull. Around here anyways
Thanks, I just bought the strap to keep the front wheele down fot the track and eveyone is telling me to get it DYNOD and let them tune my bike. I have gone to the track for the last couple of weeks and I'm new to racing it and tring to get pointers from anyone and they said get it dynoed and put the strap on and it would make a bike difference. Like I said i'm new to the racing thing and my times range from 11.4 @ 132mph to 12.1 @120 or so. Some of the guy's and gal's here tell me that they are running in the 10's and I think that's sick, some just what to ask what else can I do to get better, and ounce again THANK YOU.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I just bought the strap to keep the front wheele down fot the track and eveyone is telling me to get it DYNOD and let them tune my bike. I have gone to the track for the last couple of weeks and I'm new to racing it and tring to get pointers from anyone and they said get it dynoed and put the strap on and it would make a bike difference. Like I said i'm new to the racing thing and my times range from 11.4 @ 132mph to 12.1 @120 or so. Some of the guy's and gal's here tell me that they are running in the 10's and I think that's sick, some just what to ask what else can I do to get better, and ounce again THANK YOU.
It's all about the 60' trap. I run a 10.5 @ 137, and pretty consistently. Maybe +- .2-.3 and a couple mph. I only take my bike to the strip when I go out with the boys though, bragging rights of course :D

·
I have a dig bick...
2,307 Posts
Those numbers are not bad, but to tell you the truth...I don't give a shit about the numbers, its all about the AFR...HP is nothing if you are riding on a hand grenade between your legs

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
gotta love that classic yamaha 8.5k rpm dip.

good numbers for that year.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those numbers are not bad, but to tell you the truth...I don't give a shit about the numbers, its all about the AFR...HP is nothing if you are riding on a hand grenade between your legs
Haha, very true

gotta love that classic yamaha 8.5k rpm dip.

good numbers for that year.
It seems that way, it was just most pleased that I maintained power and torque everywhere I needed to

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, tuning got you an extra 2 hp?
Not only that, it smooths out the power band more than anything. Makes for smoother riding. The extra HP is just extra in my opinion. The tune squeezes the last bit out.

There is a considerable difference before/after

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
Not only that, it smooths out the power band more than anything. Makes for smoother riding. The extra HP is just extra in my opinion. The tune squeezes the last bit out.

There is a considerable difference before/after
Sweet. Im sure that adds a ton of confidence to your riding. It always helps to know how the bike is going to respond.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sweet. Im sure that adds a ton of confidence to your riding. It always helps to know how the bike is going to respond.
It really does, though I never had issues before. But down shifting and engine braking (to a stop) is buttery goodness. No popping or gurgling. Just consistent

Dammit now you are going to blow me away even more when we ride now :(
You're going to be surprised ;)
It doesn't want to stop pulling until redline..and I have more low end :D
I'll trade you bikes for a bit and see how you like it

·
OPDS9091
213 Posts
thank you everyone for the info. I am new to the track and i'm tring my hardest to go as BEST as I can, but seeing you guy's and gal's in the 10's to low 11's, i need some tips. I know have the strap for the front and that made a HUGE difference in the wheel lifting but I still can't get it. I'm leaving at 8-10 K's and the wierd thing is some of my passes the 1/4 is faster and the speed is lower and then on other's the 1/4 is slower and the speed in faster, can't figure it out. Any pointers, don't get me wrong for the the mod's that I have and it only being a 600cc i think low 11's to mid 11's pretty damn fast in my eye's, but want to know if there are other thing's I can do without voiding my warrenty (all the work that I'v done through the dealership and I have the 5 year full coverage on the bike), are or is there other mod's I can do. Before I had this bike I had a new (back in 2007) FZ-6 and I moded that bike out, but this bike is WOW a big difference. I'v searched the forum to see if there is a mod for the ram air/moding the stock one so more air can pass. Any help would be greatfull.

·
OPDS9091
213 Posts
So I went and bought the front strap to keep the front down because It was coming up in 1,2. Well for anyone who does the 1/4 mile track this is well worth it. When I first started to race a few month's ago I had NO clue what to do at the track, but some of you gave me some pointers, and I was running mid 11's, then I did some little things, NOW, with the strap and a little bit of the butterfly's are gone (kinda of still get the rush feeling) the front is way down and now my RT: is around .432 and the best was .056 I am now in the low 11's, the average is 11.40's to 11.80's. The speed is all over the place. NOW, with the bike straptt and a lot more nerve I am launching at 8-10k and ( and I still feel the front coming up and still have the nerve's) I am runnimg 10.898 @138mph that's my fastest time, and my average is 11.0's to 11.30's. So I have been launching at 10-12k and the wheel is coming up. One of the buys who runs the track pulled me over and gave me some pointers as far as were the bike should be placed at the tree and told me some other small things's, With that said and working on the tree light's, RPM's and body position I am now running 11.0's to 11.2's at 126mph to 132mph. I think that is a great time for my R6S, but some of you's are in the 10's, any help full answers would be greatfull. The one thing the said i need to do... well 2 things's. One is to change the rear suspention to lower the back on the launch and the other is get it DYNO'ed. Any other idea's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts