Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K... I'll get this out of the way... pics / vid coming soon...

Had the bike dyno'd today. I'm a little miffed at the overall numbers, but really, who goes into a dyno and comes out thrilled?

It hit 97 Hp and 42.5 Torque and a very stable A/F.

Now initially i was pretty bummed, because the bike has quite a bit in it and I KNOW it keeps up with or runs down newer, more stock 6's, so I was expecting a number LARGER than the stock 100-110. And yes, yes, i know that different dyno's run different numbers... this was a DynoJet unit... looked to be older, but in good shape.

However, for a 15,000 mile Carb bike, I was VERY pleased at how smooth the power delivery is and how much area I have "under the curve" and the tech seemed pretty stoked about the smoothness of the A/F ratio for a carb bike...

so my questions are: should I be upset at the low number, and how does this compare to other real world dyno results? (not the magazine hype)

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
that is very good for your bike, don't be bummed. unless your into drag racing, horsepower is just a number, doesnt mean much if you don't know how to use it. spend your time getting better track or sprint times rather than worrying about horsepower. skill is the best power of all to have on any bike.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
so my questions are: should I be upset at the low number, and how does this compare to other real world dyno results? (not the magazine hype)
seems like u already are :hehe. i think u should just be happy that ur bike is running really smooth after 10 years and 15K miles. what else can u really ask for?

·
Has Gold & A Pager
287 Posts
I'd say that's decent, really I mean you could go to a different dyno and put down 10 more hp. I dyno'd my '97 GSXR750 mostly so I could see my A/f, lets just say I wasn't happy with the numbers ether. It put down 103.7hp/48.4Torque, now the mod list, Full Yoshi system, Yoshi cams, jet kit and supposedly balanced and lightened pistons. for the mods, there were people putting down more hp on bikes with pipes haha, I think it has to do mostly with the dyno.

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
seems like u already are :hehe. i think u should just be happy that ur bike is running really smooth after 10 years and 15K miles. what else can u really ask for?
130Hp?:toocool: :D

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, the pics kinda suck...but here it goes..

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
That is a super nice bike! I can't believe it is that old with 15,000K on it. Very nice...

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Where did you get your front seat? I got the same back seat not sure where it came from or who made it would be nice to check on a front to match.

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, and it matches your paint scheme better too!

The seats are offered by a company called SecondLook..

I've started another thread about possibly painting my bike this winter and if I do, This one won't match anymore, so I may be willing to part with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts