Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Prostar
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Dynojet wideband digital AFR gauge will plug into the PCV with autotune? I always see it sold for use with the Dynojet Wideband Commander 2 on account of it requiring a connected wideband O2 sensor... which happens to be part of the autotune module as well.

I'd really like to get one for my bike, but it is not worth having to buy another $200+ module and then another $70 bones for the gauge itself... just to see my realtime AFR. It does look sweet though! :YEA

·
Registered
107 Posts
hmmmmmm interesting....need a black face with red readout to match stock gauges. I think I want one though

·
Prostar
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking something like this would be great to monitor the effectiveness of your autotune/map but having never used a AF device I guess I am just speculating. My question to those that are running pcV or bazzazz is... do you think realtime AFR reporting would be an asset worth paying for?

The gauge looks cool, but I ain't getting it unless it has practical application.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I like it. I have an AFR gauge in my STI and I look at it often. Really allows you to track the quality of your tune. Everything from outdoor temp to humidity really affects the way your bike runs. It would be cool to have on the 6 if you are racing but for normal riding i see no point

·
Registered
257 Posts
Using just a gauge is difficult as you obviously need to be concentrating on riding. Also you may now know your AFR but you need to remember what the RPM was at that point and you still have no idea what your TPS is at so it all becomes a bit of a guessing game. To be more precise the LCD-200 would come in handy. It can not only show all these parameters but log them to an excel sheet to view at a later time. But then if you go this route just use the Auto tune and it does it all for you.

I believe the one that originally started this thread had a PCV and auto tune and if you are just using the gauge for a quick glance to make sure Auto tune is correct then it works great for that!

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Using just a gauge is difficult as you obviously need to be concentrating on riding. Also you may now know your AFR but you need to remember what the RPM was at that point and you still have no idea what your TPS is at so it all becomes a bit of a guessing game. To be more precise the LCD-200 would come in handy. It can not only show all these parameters but log them to an excel sheet to view at a later time. But then if you go this route just use the Auto tune and it does it all for you.

I believe the one that originally started this thread had a PCV and auto tune and if you are just using the gauge for a quick glance to make sure Auto tune is correct then it works great for that!

So in essence, if you have a Autotuner, then you dont "NEED" the gauge, maybe just to monitor whats going on, like if the Wideband sensor starts acting up and such, right?

·
Registered
107 Posts

Can I trade you guys my LCD-100 for a LCD-200? Came with my bike, previous owner bought it for the PCV not knowing that it wouldn't work (don't think LCD-200 was out yet)

·
Prostar
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seeing as we got DynoJet in the house, I got one more question regarding the gauge.

Does it include mounting hardware? If not... is there a lot of custom work that would need to be done to mount the gauge neatly on an 07 R6?

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
YOu can download the LCD200 firmware in your LCD100 and you will be good to go. You can get the firmware here, http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Downloads/powercommander_downloads.aspx?ProdType=LCD

chosen01 - The gauge is really designed to be an Automotive product so the hardware that it does come with doesn't work so good on bikes. It may take a bit of fabrication to make it nice.

After I load the 200 firmware i get FATAL ERROR RECOVERY: Display has been reset due to fatal error. If I load 100 firmware, no messages. Tried multiple times, same. Any tips?

I hooked it up anyway with error and does not display live engine data when connected to bike.

Does it get plugged into the PCV or Autotune CAN port (tried both with no luck)

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Does the LCD now show firmware 2.2.2 ( could be wrong on that exact number as I'm doing this from home). Also make sure you have a CAN termination plug in o e of the ports. I usually put the LCD into the PCV but it should not matter. That error is standard as the unit does a re oot after it loads the firmware

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does the LCD now show firmware 2.2.2 ( could be wrong on that exact number as I'm doing this from home). Also make sure you have a CAN termination plug in o e of the ports. I usually put the LCD into the PCV but it should not matter. That error is standard as the unit does a re oot after it loads the firmware
It does show the updated firmware number, and the CAN termination plugs are in. LCD does pick up the PCV and autotuner (wideband 2) but no data is getting displayed. I can plug my laptop into the PCV USB and display afr, rpm, temp, etc

·
Registered
257 Posts
You will need to go into each gauge and define what the channel is, even if it already shows say analog gauge 1 as RPM, make sure you go in and redefine that this is the RPM from the PCV. Do this for each gauge and you should be good to go. Let me know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You will need to go into each gauge and define what the channel is, even if it already shows say analog gauge 1 as RPM, make sure you go in and redefine that this is the RPM from the PCV. Do this for each gauge and you should be good to go. Let me know.
ITS ALIVE!!!!:toocool:

thanks for the help!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts