Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dynolicious.com/index-1.html

Looks pretty cool. You can record HP, 0-10 to 0-100 times, quarter mile times and trap speeds, among other things.

Friend of mine says some guys on his Audi forum used it and verified that it's actually pretty accurate... this might be my excuse to finally get an iPhone.

·
Registered
123 Posts
So I'm guessing it works on bikes also. Looks pretty cool it's only 12 bucks from Itunes with 29 reviews and all of them 4 stars. I guess if it doesn't work you'll only be out 12 bucks

·
2 > 4
125 Posts
I'm on the Audi forum where we were talking about it. Its an amazing program that does seem to work very accurately. However, it seems to work best if the iPhone is flat on its back and not tiled at an angle.

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm on the Audi forum where we were talking about it. Its an amazing program that does seem to work very accurately. However, it seems to work best if the iPhone is flat on its back and not tiled at an angle.
Seems like sitting in your pocket while you're riding would work fine then, right? One thing we might consider if anyone tries it on a bike would be to add YOUR weight to the bike's weight, as I'm sure it makes a much bigger difference than in a car.

·
Has Gold & A Pager
287 Posts
I think I might just buy an iPod, I've been thinking about getting a new MP3 player and this is just reason to get the Touch, I still don't know if I like the iPods though, they all seem to break within a year or so.

·
2 > 4
125 Posts
Seems like sitting in your pocket while you're riding would work fine then, right? One thing we might consider if anyone tries it on a bike would be to add YOUR weight to the bike's weight, as I'm sure it makes a much bigger difference than in a car.
Yes, you need to add in all the weight that is added to the bike. Fuel and yourself. Also, the HP number will be a little off because although the program takes into account drivetrain loss, it doesn't take into account friction and drag due to the air you are pushing through. So everything else should be right except the HP will be off by a few.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
LOL We can't all be ballers like you, Max! :)

I dunno...I'm thinkin' about gettin' this...but honestly, for me, it'd be nothing more than a briefly amusing novelty and that makes $12 kind of expensive...if you know what I mean.
Baller??? Hardly...

There's a difference between being frugal (where I am the king :flex: ;) ) and cheap. Everyone (myself included sometimes) wants something for nothing, but those who take rarely give. Why do you think I don't post the terabyte or so of girlie content I've shot?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.