Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lechon is da Bizness
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked a set of Optimal bodywork and a 10 pack of Dzus fasteners. From the picture that Optimal had on their website, there is a total of 6 fasteners to connect the upper to the lower. Instead, I was planning on installing 4 for the upper/lower and 6 for the tail.

In the picture, the left most and middle Dzus are pretty close together so I was thinking I could install one in the middle of where those Dzus are and another one front. Will that be enough?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I run four on the lower with no issue.

just put em on opposing ends and youre fine.

i have sharkskin but the principle remains the same.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
^this. also make sure the back end of the lower is secured be it zip ties or OEM screws.

·
I Race Motorcycles
361 Posts
At most all you should need is 5 dzus total to attach the lower to the upper.
3 on the throttle side and only two on the clutch side.
In your pic I would split the difference and put the one in the center

·
Lechon is da Bizness
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I'll mark it up for 4 tonight and hopefully have sometime to drill them out including the holes for the 2 oem bolts.

Not to thread jack, but how are you running a superbike tail or using the stock seat? I'm just curious how to attach the rear section onto the bike. Hoping to get the set mocked up today and get it into paint.
I've got the tail that uses the stock seat. I was planning on using 6 Dzus on the underside of the tail. The vendor also gave me a set of right angle brackets with a bolt on one side. I'm assuming this goes on the top of the tail but I haven't actually tried fitting it on the bike yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts