Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Top Gun
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for information on DZU's and quick disconnect fasteners for my 06R6's track glass. I'm not sure whether I should buy the rivet style fasteners or the backing plate style. Also, does anyone know what size I would need? 14mm or 17mm or so. Last thing, is any company's product better than another?

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
dzus are dzus. it's the brand of quarter-turn fastener. like kleenex is a brand...

they're both the best. i sell em... and they're made/ordered specifically for track bodywork. some have reported that they fit stock bodywork as well... i won't say one way or another as i've only used them as track fasteners.

as for rivet/clip... clips are more versatile, and there's WAY more room for installation error. plus, having a riveted on one get ripped off in a get off will leave a nice chunk of your bodywork out in the grass too. the clip ones can simply slide off - during a wreck. they're on VERY secure, and i've never lost a clip. i've misplaced SEVERAL bolts though. :rant :laugh

lemme know...
http://aggracing.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=76

·
Top Gun
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dzus are dzus. it's the brand of quarter-turn fastener. like kleenex is a brand...

they're both the best. i sell em... and they're made/ordered specifically for track bodywork. some have reported that they fit stock bodywork as well... i won't say one way or another as i've only used them as track fasteners.

as for rivet/clip... clips are more versatile, and there's WAY more room for installation error. plus, having a riveted on one get ripped off in a get off will leave a nice chunk of your bodywork out in the grass too. the clip ones can simply slide off - during a wreck. they're on VERY secure, and i've never lost a clip. i've misplaced SEVERAL bolts though. :rant :laugh

lemme know...
http://aggracing.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=76
Sweeeeeet. Thank you buddy! :D great prices btw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts