Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has ridden or is actively riding on this track. I'm really eager on getting a full suit and checking it out since it's only about 45 min away from my house. Need some input or if anyone need someone to accompany them shoot me a PM.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I am out for the year as I am recovering from a back injury otherwise I would join you out there.

The three trackday orgs that go out there each have different gear requirements.

ridesmart
http://ridesmart.info

Texas Track Days
http://www.texastrackdays.com/

Lone Star Track Days
http://www.lstd.com/

Here is a video that was made out at the last trackday. Pay attention to the camera guys line as it is a little bit better line than most of the people are taking in intermediate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3v_feNnDzM

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
I believe there is a special event going on this weekend. I think it is sponsored by ridesmart.com. Mojo had posted it somewheres. I forgot where the link is. And its real cheap. Only $100 per each day. That beats $170 anyday. I like to go but I don't have all my gear. My suit is on the way. And I don't have money to buy boots yet. I gonna keep check it out on these specials. I hope MOJO will give us a heads up when these specials are going on. Once I have all my gear, most def i be there. Again $100 per day at a track is cheap compare to all other tracks.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah...my collarbone is turning out to be a non-union i believe. Ive been out since late april. i volunteered for some cornerwork to get me a free days ride.

Damn cigarettes..

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
No freakin way. That is awesome. What are the requirements to do corner work? I like to get that in for some free track time. Can anyone volunteer. Thats awesome.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah anyone can do it (you have to be a competent person as you will be reporting track conditions, etc.). I volunteered through RideSmart. They were still needing corner workers for Staurday. And as far as I know its a credit for a day on the track.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I believe there is a special event going on this weekend. I think it is sponsored by ridesmart.com. Mojo had posted it somewheres. I forgot where the link is. And its real cheap. Only $100 per each day. That beats $170 anyday. I like to go but I don't have all my gear. My suit is on the way. And I don't have money to buy boots yet. I gonna keep check it out on these specials. I hope MOJO will give us a heads up when these specials are going on. Once I have all my gear, most def i be there. Again $100 per day at a track is cheap compare to all other tracks.
From the other thread.

Eagles canyon is running motorcycles now as they have made improvements to the track to make it safer for motorcycles. I personally have not run this track yet but the track day organizations started riding there and the CCS started racing there.

Ridesmart Trackdays will be having trackdays 8/16 and 8/17 out there and it is $100 per day to ride. If you want to spectate next weekend they will be doing free parade laps during lunch so you can see the entire track while on your bike.

Also if you are short on money or want to watch and see an entire trackday and want to earn credit towards future events you can corner work and earn free credit towards another day so you can ride for free the next time you go.

There requirements can be found here as different trackday orgs have different requirements. One thing they don't mention in their gear is it is recommended to have a back protector but is not required.
http://www.ridesmart.info/requirements.htm

Here is info about next weekend taken from ciaka's and the ridesmart emails.

It is now time for us to announce our ECR Extravaganza 2 !!

Here is a summary of some things that will transpire during the weekend:

1. $100/day. Yes, once again, you get to ride for a greatly reduced price - $100 gets you in for the entire day. For $200 you get a full 2 day weekend of riding.

2. Track riding starts at 8am and closes at 6pm. YES, again we have purchased extra track time. THAT IS 10 HRS OF RIDING FOR YOU.
Last time we saw that even those who took breaks in between had more than plenty of riding to do on each day. Excellent opportunity for those seeking to squeeze the maximum seat time for a track day.

3. Once again, we are holding a 'coolest bike' contest.
1st prize: $100
2nd prize: $ 50
So if you have that bike and you want to show it off, bring it by and enter the contest. I am sure the winner of the last contest was happy he entered it.

4. PARADE LAPS ON BOTH DAYS - We will hold parade laps on Saturday and Sunday. Depending on demand, we may have afternoon laps too. Perfect opportunity to check out a track and not have to pay for the track time.
Last month's parade lap participants had nothing but good things to say about it. So come on down to try it out. With free food and drink, and motorcycle action all around, sounds like a perfect weekend.

5. This event is not just for the riders. It is open to spectators as well. If you have the weekend off, and want to see what a track day is all about without having to pay for it, this is your perfect chance to do so. Come on by (no entry fees), and enjoy free food/drink, while watching track riders doing their thing. While you are at it, you can enter the various dealer prize contests for a chance to win cool prizes.

6. No gate fee - all are welcome.

7. On Aug 17, come out to watch round two of the Rossi/Stoner battle at Brno. If you have seen the first round of the battle in July, you will not want to miss this one. I believe the race will be a t 1pm Central time (make sure you double check-we will too) on CBS. It is promising to be great. We will show it on the 50" TV we have at ECR. Depending on ability, we may be able to record and replay it later in the day.

8. FREE FOOD and DRINK!! Yes, hamburgers, hot dogs and sides, will all be provided free of charge to all attendees (riders and spectators). So stop by if you are hungry. Get filled up before you move on.

9. FREE CAMPING on Friday and Saturday night. No charge. Gates will be secured for overnight camping.

10. We are planning many dealership prizes. As last time, they should be very nice. So if you plan to stop by, make sure you get yourself a draw ticket and fill it out. You do not have to be present to win.

With all this happening, the ECR event will surely be a blast to attend.
We do hope to see you all there.

To register for the ECR event, please follow the link(s):

SATURDAY REGISTRATION: http://ridesmart.info/mm5/merchant.m...Cod e=081608R

SUNDAY REGISTRATION: http://ridesmart.info/mm5/merchant.m...Cod e=081708R

IF you are interested in corner work, please let us know at [email protected]. The weekend is also a great opportunity to get additional free track time by doing cw work.

As always, thank you for your continued support.

RideSmart staff
www.ridesmart.info

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
There will be an event September 1st which is Memorial day at Texas World Speedway in college station which is closer to houston and it is also $100 for the day which is at a discount from ridesmart's usual pricing so most people should have off work that day.

I will post a listing of all the trackday orgs in texas trackday schedules later tonight through the end of the season.

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
I signed up for a corner work for the Texas Speed Way end of this month. or I might just ride, if i can afford to buy riding boots. Anyways, this is very good info.

Do you guys ride up there or pull a trailer? I don't know how I am going to get all my supplys and food with me when i get to the track. I don't have a truck or trailer. I need to figure something out.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I actually live 6 miles from Texas world speedway but I still truck it up there.

I will send you a pm with info on getting some transportation up to the track either later tonight or tomorrow.

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
Oh dude thanks. but not anytime soon. I was trying to go up there end of this month during labor day. If i can figure something out i will holla fo sur.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Oh dude thanks. but not anytime soon. I was trying to go up there end of this month during labor day. If i can figure something out i will holla fo sur.
Labor day track day was what I was talking about for transportation. There is several guys looking to carpool from the houston area for that event to reduce the cost of gas. Usually the guys with extra room in their trailers look to fill them to make going to the track cheaper gas wise.

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
I signed up for corner work for the labor day. I think I will ride up there. Now I need to choose the track I want to ride. I know Eagle Canyon is no longer in the schedule for the year. I did see MSR-Cresson on for Oct and Nov.

MOJO, which do you think it's a better track? TSW or MSR-Cresson.

I also signed up for corner work for Texas Track Day at Grand Sport Speedway in Sept and MSR-Houston in Oct. They both have back to back days and i want to do CW for one day and ride the next day. It will be tight.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I signed up for corner work for the labor day. I think I will ride up there. Now I need to choose the track I want to ride. I know Eagle Canyon is no longer in the schedule for the year. I did see MSR-Cresson on for Oct and Nov.

MOJO, which do you think it's a better track? TSW or MSR-Cresson.

I also signed up for corner work for Texas Track Day at Grand Sport Speedway in Sept and MSR-Houston in Oct. They both have back to back days and i want to do CW for one day and ride the next day. It will be tight.
When I talked to the owner of ridesmart a few weeks back he mentioned that they were planning on running eagles canyon in late november but they have not finalized it yet.

As far as tracks go I have not had the chance to ride cresson do to my injury from a few years back causing me to stop having to ride the track last season. I have ridden MSRH and TWS mainly because those are two of the closest tracks around.

TWS is a very fast track and it is not very technical and it is a pretty wide track and is much closer to Houston than MSR-Cresson. Its a fun track just because the amount of speed you can carry through the entire track.

From my buddy Brians experience out at MSRC:
MSR Cresson is a much more technical track lower average speeds but you get to work on braking and picking your lines and it is great for developing skills with several different types of corners. Which track are they running the 3.1 mile course or the 1.7?

Either track will be good to experience pick which weekend fits your schedule better and go for it. Every track has something new to teach you and the more tracks you ride the more you will figure out the type of track you like.

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
Thanks for the info. I want to learn much as possible with these track days. Like you said it will be good experience for me.

I believe MSRH is running 2.38 mile 17 turn course. It will be fun. I got all my gear and ready to ride. I will do my research while doing my corner work at each track. Hope to do well at the track. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
169 Posts
older thread i know....i just got another bike and am ready to get back into it. pm me if there is anything coming up and some moreinfo.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Here is a list of trackdays around texas for the next 30 days

Texas Track Days
Sunday Sept. 7th, MSR Houston
Saturday Sept 13th, Grand Sport Speedway
Sunday Sept 28th, MSR Cresson

Lone Star Track Days
Friday Sept. 26th, Eagles Canyon
Sunday Sept. 28th, Texas World Speedway

RideSmartMotorcycleSchool
Sunday Sept. 14th, MSR Cresson
Saturday Sept. 20th, Eagles Canyon
Saturday Sept. 27th, Texas World Speedway

LonghornMotorcycleSchool
Saturday, Sept. 13th, MSR Houston

Elite Track Days
Monday Sept. 8th, Harris Hill Road
Friday Sept. 19th, Harris Hill Road

·
B4B
12,776 Posts
Here is a list of trackdays around texas for the next 30 days

Texas Track Days
Sunday Sept. 7th, MSR Houston
Saturday Sept 13th, Grand Sport Speedway
Sunday Sept 28th, MSR Cresson

Lone Star Track Days
Friday Sept. 26th, Eagles Canyon
Sunday Sept. 28th, Texas World Speedway

RideSmartMotorcycleSchool
Sunday Sept. 14th, MSR Cresson
Saturday Sept. 20th, Eagles Canyon
Saturday Sept. 27th, Texas World Speedway

LonghornMotorcycleSchool
Saturday, Sept. 13th, MSR Houston

Elite Track Days
Monday Sept. 8th, Harris Hill Road
Friday Sept. 19th, Harris Hill Road
just did sept. 7th at msr houston. will anybody be at grandsport this coming weekend

1 - 20 of 31 Posts