Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i try to ride with my ear plugs most of the time.. highway riding is so much more comfortable with them. right now i just wear the cheap foam ones. do you guys prefer the foam ones or the rubber reusable ones? and if so what kind do you use? i want to get the rubber ones...

·
Registered
790 Posts
I use the noise cancelling earbuds. That way I can talk on my phone and listen to music all hands free.(gotta love palm)

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
earbuds+ipod. i know people say having my ipod up loud enough to hear it over the exhaust is gonna make me lose my hearing, but just hearing the exhaust would do the same too, so if im gonna lose it, ill at least lose it to more than one monotonous sound.

·
Registered
790 Posts
With my headphones in, I turn my music way down. The noise cancelling barriers are awesome.

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
I use the foam disposal ones from Wal Mart. Been using them for years. Everyone should wear some sort of hearing protection when riding. If not, you'll regret it later in life if you continue to ride.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Noise canceling headphones and Ipod. Riding is so much nicer now!

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
what good canceling headphones would you guys recommend? i use regular ones but seem to have to turn them all the way up in order to hear them over my lor...
Mine are not actually noise canceling but by design block out quite a bit of noise. Mine are the ones that git like ear plugs, but I think they make actual noise canceling ones also in this style.

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
The yellow rubber reusable's from home depot. They come with a blue cord connecting them together. Cut the cord off flush and pull your ear back while pushing them in (gives a better seal). They are the best noise suppressing ones I have used so far. Not because of the NRR rating, but because you can get a consistent good seal every time. And they come with a nice little plastic case so you can throw em in your pocket without getting them all nasty.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I love the sound of my full leo, and thats exactly what I want to hear while I am riding. I tried riding with iphone headphones in once and over 80mph they were getting like jammed into my ears and taking the helmet off hurt so I wont be doing that anymore. I want to get one of those speaker sets that you mount in your helmet.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
I ride with a pair of Moldex Comets. NR 25

I've also used Howard Leights Super Leight Soft Foam Earplugs NR 33

I prefer the Moldex ones a lot better. I can't hear anything when I have the Howard Leights on.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I also ride with music, very low... I can still hear the exhaust of course and any loud noises(eg cops)...

It also makes the wind noise go away and riding is so much more fun...

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
I just don't understand that sometimes.. Maybe it's just me. I never have issues with wind noise >70. And if I'm on the highway, going faster than that it's never an issue. I have a Nexx XR1R Carbon helmet and it does just fine.

Also.. No matter what people say.. maybe because I'm just young.. but I'll take the sound of my bike over music any day. Even on long, monotone trips. I love the sound of my machine

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I just don't understand that sometimes.. Maybe it's just me. I never have issues with wind noise >70. And if I'm on the highway, going faster than that it's never an issue. I have a Nexx XR1R Carbon helmet and it does just fine.

Also.. No matter what people say.. maybe because I'm just young.. but I'll take the sound of my bike over music any day. Even on long, monotone trips. I love the sound of my machine
I'm young too.. Music adds a little fun to my commute to work..

The wind noise was never an issue, but with the earplugs you just don't hear it.. It feels pretty cool.

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
maybe i am getting old.. but the wind noise is so annoying!! dont like it at all... so ima stop by sports authority to see if they have any ear plugs.. and i need new headphones too..

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
I ride with a pair of Moldex Comets. NR 25

I've also used Howard Leights Super Leight Soft Foam Earplugs NR 33

I prefer the Moldex ones a lot better. I can't hear anything when I have the Howard Leights on.
i've got 3 buckets of the HL 33's. those or the 30's are just plenty for me. if they work for shooting guns, they'll work for riding bikes. :) i don't get on my bike EVER without a set in. i can focus way better and am much more aware of what's going on around me.

·
Stanly the Manly
935 Posts
The yellow rubber reusable's from home depot. They come with a blue cord connecting them together. Cut the cord off flush and pull your ear back while pushing them in (gives a better seal). They are the best noise suppressing ones I have used so far. Not because of the NRR rating, but because you can get a consistent good seal every time. And they come with a nice little plastic case so you can throw em in your pocket without getting them all nasty.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

+1 those earplugs are great!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts