Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my new LOR exhaust is going good but it is QUITE loud so im using earplugs. But after long rides my ears will start ringing when i have the earplugs in or where headphones. I really dont want to lose my hearing so what else can I do besides having earplugs in?

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,255 Posts
Get a quieter exhuast....

Seriously, you can get better earplugs that are custom made for you. They block more noise.

·
Registered
672 Posts
http://earfuze.com/

Don't have to play music but I use mine for mowing the lawn and such. I also play music if I'm going to slab for any unfortunate reason... Google diy custom earplugs and you can get a similar product sans the headphones for like $10

Looks like they've added the molding stuff w/o headphones now for $15... I haven't tried any others so I'd probably pick these up if I was looking. I've also used http://sugru.com/ and it seemed to work exactly the same if you wanted to go in with a few people it could be pretty cheap. Never compared back to back so maybe the noise cancelling isn't the same just throwing it out there.

If you're really cheap or just curious like me you can use silicone(like from the hardware store) with cornstarch. Make sure it's 100% silicone! There is a instructables about it if you google diy sugru. Ends up costing the same but I like experimenting so it was fun :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
[B]http://earfuze.com/[/B]

Don't have to play music but I use mine for mowing the lawn and such. I also play music if I'm going to slab for any unfortunate reason... Google diy custom earplugs and you can get a similar product sans the headphones for like $10

Looks like they've added the molding stuff w/o headphones now for $15... I haven't tried any others so I'd probably pick these up if I was looking. I've also used http://sugru.com/ and it seemed to work exactly the same if you wanted to go in with a few people it could be pretty cheap. Never compared back to back so maybe the noise cancelling isn't the same just throwing it out there.

If you're really cheap or just curious like me you can use silicone(like from the hardware store) with cornstarch. Make sure it's 100% silicone! There is a instructables about it if you google diy sugru. Ends up costing the same but I like experimenting so it was fun :)
Wish I found those when I was shopping for headphones. But I have no complaints with my etymotics, just tricky to get the helmet on so they do not start to slip out on the ride. I have both their plugs and earphones and like them alot.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I made mine and them very carefully carved them down to be flush... Work better than anything else I've used

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone used mighty plugs? there the little blue circles made from beeswax, so no uncomfortable silicon. Also claim 34dB NRR.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
ear phones..listen to music..

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Blasting louder music in your ears to block out the loud wind noise...in an effort to save your hearing is just beyond retarded.

Wear nice, quality ear plugs and you'll be set.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Blasting louder music in your ears to block out the loud wind noise...in an effort to save your hearing is just beyond retarded.

Agree. Custom fit ear plugs/headphones block the outside noise and then you can play music at a reasonable level :)

Simply put if I'm not putting to the gas station I ALWAYS wear ear plugs. I include my custom headphones in the category of ear plugs as I notice no difference in their ability to block noise, If anything they work better because they are in perfect every time.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts

[/QUOTE]

if you're still using old school headphones then i fell sorry for you…guess i gotta be specific and mention in ear noise canceling headphones that doesn't require you to put music on full blast to hear it…but guess i do

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
If you are listening to music while riding, you're doing it wrong.

I have yet to find any of the molded ear plugs that block as much noise as the quality foam ones. I prefer the blue hearos. I haven't seen anything else with a higher NRR.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
I just use the blue silicon ones on a string. I feel they work good enough.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts