Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a little far out from now, but I am planning on riding from Maryland (Fort Meade area) down the East Coast to the Carolinas & Georgia and thought I'd see if anyone was interested. Date of departure is September 10, 2008. Again, I know this is a little in advance, but I am deployed to Afghanistan right now and will not return to the States until September 5th. Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone would be around at that time and interested. I'll make another post as that time nears just as a reminder, but in the meantime, it's something to think about. Let me know!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I know this is a little far out from now, but I am planning on riding from Maryland (Fort Meade area) down the East Coast to the Carolinas & Georgia and thought I'd see if anyone was interested. Date of departure is September 10, 2008. Again, I know this is a little in advance, but I am deployed to Afghanistan right now and will not return to the States until September 5th. Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone would be around at that time and interested. I'll make another post as that time nears just as a reminder, but in the meantime, it's something to think about. Let me know!
:wtf:
Where you at in country?
Did you go thru Riley?
:poke

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I'm in Kabul, bro. However, I travel to Bagram decently often, which is where I am atm. Though, I am headed back to Kabul on 16 July.
Dude your OPSEC IS FRIGGIN TERRIBLE! Anyway, no more dates on here man, but did you go thru ft.riley for training? You are headed back around the same time as me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude your OPSEC IS FRIGGIN TERRIBLE! Anyway, no more dates on here man, but did you go thru ft.riley for training? You are headed back around the same time as me.
I mentioned only a date, not a mode/method of travel, or time of day. The reason I mentioned it was in hopes of seeing whether you were at BAF to meet up. As for Riley, that is a negative. I did all of my training in the Ft. Meade area, then came out. I'll be headed back the same way.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I mentioned only a date, not a mode/method of travel, or time of day. The reason I mentioned it was in hopes of seeing whether you were at BAF to meet up. As for Riley, that is a negative. I did all of my training in the Ft. Meade area, then came out. I'll be headed back the same way.
Ok dude. Lol nah I'll be headed thru PHNX. Damn, we wont be able to meet up, but how far away is FT. Meade from Norfolk, VA? Maybe we can meet up there sometime?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's about 220 miles away. I should be passing through Richmond and would be decently close (within 30-45 miles or so) to Norfolk as I head further south. You're more than welcome to meet up in Richmond or something if you wanted to ride for a bit.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
It's about 220 miles away. I should be passing through Richmond and would be decently close (within 30-45 miles or so) to Norfolk as I head further south. You're more than welcome to meet up in Richmond or something if you wanted to ride for a bit.
Woot! My buddy's folks live in Pasadena MD. We go there every once in a while. We could mos def meet up man.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Heck yeah, man. Sounds like a plan! I hope the rest of your deployment goes well, btw. Stay safe!
you too dude, we are both almost home! :nocontrol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts