Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a dual filament bulb outthere? or 3 prongs? That would fit the same as the H7? H4 is to big

If I find this style or a 3 prong H7 I will design a relay system using the stock switch and post a "HOW TO"

SO :idea: What will fight in the H7 slot?

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
So what you are saying is that when the bike is "bone stock", you can simply angle both lights the same and the beams will look identical, because both sides have H7s in them?

I've tried to angle them both and run with them both on, the beams look different and if you take a good look at the projectors, they look different too, at least to me they do.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Icemaninlv said:
the only difference is the adjustment angle of the high beam
Not true. Highbimmin told me that the internals of each side of the headlight are different, the "low" side is restricted to not let as much light out.

So you would still have one side brighter than the other.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
making some angel eyes tonight and when I open the light assemb. I will verify the truth. :jump

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heres the main assemb.

The high BIMM side

The low BiMM side

You will notice thatthe low bimm side has BLack half eyes. What if you cut those out. and add some reflective tape to extend the reflectiveness like the High bimm side?

:poke :poke [/url]

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
check to see if the projector lense on the inner low beam side is cracking. after i had my bike for 6 months i noticed it was starting to crack at the mounting screws for the ring. the dealer replaced my headlight assembly since it was still under warranty at the time.

·
Registered
311 Posts
djmodifyd said:
the low beam's have a cutoff line...the high beams do not.....

the high beams let out twice as much light as the low beams do...

so no...the projectors are not the same on each side
Not quite true, the cutoff doesnt restrict 50% of the light, it merely defines the pattern of light, removing the cutoff shield doesnt give you twice as much light...

The difference as you can tell...

The low beam side has 2 normal lenses and both openings have a cutoff shield.

The high beam side has 1 normal lense and one flat glass lense, it has no cut off shields. The projectors are different, there is only one bowl for 2 holes... very original and Ive never seen any like them =/

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ptirmal are you saying it would be pointless to remove the cutoff's?

I want the light beam/pattern to be the same on each side. removing the cutoff's and adding reflection should equal the beam pattern....

right or wrong?

:hammer :hammer :hammer :hammer

·
Registered
311 Posts
what are you trying to achieve?

If you want low beams and no high beams then cut off the shield from the inner projector from the one side and move it to the outer projector lense on the other side... there isnt enough light going to the 2 inner ones to make much of a difference...

You could just cut the shields out which would basically be like high beams all the time but slightly more intense

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want the intensity to be the same on both sides. If both sides look like high beams I don't care. I will angle the high down to match the low side.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Icemaninlv said:
I want the intensity to be the same on both sides. If both sides look like high beams I don't care. I will angle the high down to match the low side.
yea you have a choice of what you wanna do for them both to be identical. Either cut and move the shield or remove them altogether... Both sides of the headlights are aimed THE SAME, the high beam side is the high beam side because it lacks a shield, not because of the way it is aimed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts